Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ot...divorce

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:53 PM
handymanherb
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ot...divorce

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

ORIGINAL: handymanherb

Next month I have been happily divorced for 23 years, should be a big party for my 25th, got to start saving
If there will be a bar-b-que, count me in.

Sounds like a plan, I know the first one was just after it was final and I had 300 hundred or more at that one and we went through 2 kegs quick, but no problem as everybody had some with them too, that was the old days, when you could get away with a full cooler in the truck.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:02 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Justy let me know when the party is and there will be a raod trip. I am sure Kev will share part of the driving.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 AM
RamItOne

that was the old days, when you could get away with a full cooler in the truck.
Am I reading this right? You can't keep a cooler full of beers in the truck where youre at? In the summer I always have a cooler full of (well sometimes empty) beer, thinking about buying one of those cig lighter powered coolers for this summer.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

whats with all the divorces in this forum? and as someone pointed out.... most of them are from arizona[:-] its gotta be frm spending to much time on the DF and not enough shopping with the wifes...

sorry to hear about that kev..... from what your telling us she is nothing to stick around for anyways so atleast some good is going to come outta this...

Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 AM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

whats with all the divorces in this forum?
prolly cause we'd rather spend the money on our girlfriends (aka trucks), your wifes wanting a 70 haircut and youre just trying to fill up your tank.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:46 AM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

that was the old days, when you could get away with a full cooler in the truck.
Am I reading this right? You can't keep a cooler full of beers in the truck where youre at? In the summer I always have a cooler full of (well sometimes empty) beer, thinking about buying one of those cig lighter powered coolers for this summer.
You can still have a cooler,but if you get stopped, they put you through the mill and if you have a open container or anywhere close to being bussed, it's going to cost you big money.

Now I draw extra attention as I drive a truck with a ladder in the back most times and ever time they have a DUI drive on, I have been pulled over 5 times for having a ladder, because if you work construction, I guess your suppose to be drunk all the times.

I went to a party for my niece on a Friday nightand the little voice in my head told me not even to drink a beer that early in the evening and on the way home I got jumped by a DUI team and pissed them off that's they couldn't get anything on me, but they kept me there for 20 minutes and even ran my gun just trying to get anything on me.

But the good thing is,I saved someone else for 20 minutes while 2 state troopers in 2 cars are baby sitting me for DWL[driving with ladder].

So if you come to Florida, for God's sake, leave your ladder at home.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 AM
RamItOne

well Orlando sucks for driving traffic is horrible. Took over an hour to get through i4 before. Once though I made it from Tampa to jax in just over 2hrs and 20 minutes, well over 100mph through Orlando ( around 1am). With gas prices though I take 301 through waldo, I purposly go 5 under there they're horrible for speeders, that's about the counties only source of revenue. Im gonna be moving back to jax shortly, thankfully through a friend I don't worry about speeding tix in jax, she processes the tickets and she'll just "lose" them, got out of a 93 over the buchman bridge.

Wonder if you keep a can crusher if they could get you for an open container if the cans crushed.

Heres another theory, if you are over the limit and get pulled over, get out of the truck throw the keys far away from the truck and visibly drink from a flask. Theyll get you for open container but can't prove you were over the limit while you were driving. Now this won't work if your sh!tfaced. I just think it would be funny as hell to see the dash cam of a guy actually doing that.
But for real never blow, if you feel confident demand a field sobriety test or just refuse all out. Theyll revoke your lic but it beats the DUI cost, plus you can usually get a work license, and hey just get a job at a bar and youre set.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Az2500Cummins08

As long as your cooler is not in Arms reach you are good. My best friend out in tonapah used to daily drive his 05 Wrangler, and he has a cooler mount welded to his custom roll cage. He designed it so the spare tire was in the way so it was out of arms reach, but the passanger could reach back, lift the lid and grab a beer. Pretty slick.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:12 AM
RamItOne

I still can't believe the arms reach rule, I mean what if you had a reg cab WTF. I brownbag tall boys (insert homo joke here) all the time, one day as I opened my door I found a fresh beer can from the night before in that nifty lil well between the floor and the door, thankfully it was winter (well south Texas winter) so I figured what the hell get a lil hair of the dog before you go to work.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Kevin, its just that time of year brotha...a bit of advise tho, dont let the woman know your going through a divorce or the fun will really begin.