Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fireams

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:30 PM
behindbars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fireams

Sorry Rich,

Some of you know what I do and where I am, so take that into account when you are looking for a gun.
I guess this applies to me too kinda.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: behindbars

Sorry Rich,
That wasn't funny! That ish burns!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

ORIGINAL: behindbars

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

It's actually a cool little gun. It's a 38. I've shot quite a few rounds through it ... at CANS of course ...

Africans?
Puerto Ricans?
Mexicans?

BWA......BWA.........BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude, that's F'd up.

Funny, but F'd up.

I was taking a sip of Coke as I read that and it cam eback out my nose.

thats pretty fucCAN funny, im gonna use that, thanks.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

thanks for the input from those who gave any !

i have heard that xd's are not the best.

that I should concider a:

glock
berreta
s&w

or just keep the 32 I have.

and go compact style for conceal/ personal carry with x cap mags

any more ideas???

Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Yea if you don't like XD's , kiss my ***, but in picking a gun you have to pick one that feels good in your hands and you can shoot, no all guns are for all people.

Dad and I could drill holes in small groups with a 38 combat masterpiece with some trigger work done on it, Mom couldn't hit a thing with it, now give her a1911 bone stock and she was beating both of us.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Africans?
Puerto Ricans?
Mexicans?
CANS! HE HATES CANS!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:35 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

glock
berreta
s&w
Glock - most guys that own them think they are the greatest thing on the planet, but bought it because they knew the name. My first pistol was a Glock, I currently have a G22 in .40 cal.......it sits in the closet.

Beretta - Make sure it's a newer model with the modified action block, otherwise they are prone to cracking. I have a "bit" of time on the trigger with a Beretta.

1911 - 1911 guys will tell you that there is no other gun to have. If it ain't steel, it ain't real. Heard that a million times. I have 2 Kimbers and a Para that sit at home. Hope you like using nothing but hardball in most of them. They sure are pretty though.

S&W - Their revolvers are great, the new M&P is okay, their SIGMA series sucks Donkey sack. I've broken the plastic guide rod on my Sigma .40 twice.......at the range.....just shooting......nothing sexy.

As far as operations. I have about 12K+ rds through the 9mm, about 1500 through the .45, approx 2500 through the .40 service and about as many through the Sub-Comp. All kinds of ammo, lots of abuse, and only 2 FTF's (which were while I was doing trigger work and using a reduced power striker).

The best advice I can give you is this. Get all the ones you are considering, take them apart side-by side, look at how they are constructed and function and then decide.

I'll bet my life ANY DAY on my XD. Anybody who says diffently has never OWNED one. I say owned, not borrowed, not shot a buddies, OWNED.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

CANS! HE HATES CANS!
LMAO !!

That movie is AWESOME !! I still tel my Mom when I call her that it's her loving son Navin.

How about the Sig Sauers? I have a P-230 ( I think that's the number ) It's a 380. Pretty cool little compact gun.

This is exactly what it looks like

Old 04-01-2008, 06:47 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Mayfair
How about the Sig Sauers? I have a P-230 ( I think that's the number ) It's a 380. Pretty cool little compact gun.
Sig makes a great gun. For a carry / duty gun, you can go wrong with a Sig. I've never used that 230, only the 220, 226, and 229. My ONLY complaint about Sig is the heavy (12 lb) first pull on the DA/SA trigger. But, the nice thing about it those is it gives you a chance to squeeze again if for some reason you get a light primer strike.

FWIW, I'd buy a Sig.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:31 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

glock
berreta
s&w
Glock - most guys that own them think they are the greatest thing on the planet, but bought it because they knew the name. My first pistol was a Glock, I currently have a G22 in .40 cal.......it sits in the closet.

Beretta - Make sure it's a newer model with the modified action block, otherwise they are prone to cracking. I have a "bit" of time on the trigger with a Beretta.

1911 - 1911 guys will tell you that there is no other gun to have. If it ain't steel, it ain't real. Heard that a million times. I have 2 Kimbers and a Para that sit at home. Hope you like using nothing but hardball in most of them. They sure are pretty though.

S&W - Their revolvers are great, the new M&P is okay, their SIGMA series sucks Donkey sack. I've broken the plastic guide rod on my Sigma .40 twice.......at the range.....just shooting......nothing sexy.

As far as operations. I have about 12K+ rds through the 9mm, about 1500 through the .45, approx 2500 through the .40 service and about as many through the Sub-Comp. All kinds of ammo, lots of abuse, and only 2 FTF's (which were while I was doing trigger work and using a reduced power striker).

The best advice I can give you is this. Get all the ones you are considering, take them apart side-by side, look at how they are constructed and function and then decide.

I'll bet my life ANY DAY on my XD. Anybody who says diffently has never OWNED one. I say owned, not borrowed, not shot a buddies, OWNED.
Very rarely do I see eye to eye with anyone when it comes to my guns, but I have to say, I agree with most of what cumminalong is saying here. I hate to seem like I'm plagerizing his opinion, but I'd like to throw a few things in on this.

Glock - My first pistol was also a Glock 22. I cannot express to you the hatered I have for these awful weapons. If I'm in a rough spot, sure... If I get to pick... Not on my life.

Beretta - Used a 92D in Iraq. Much as I hate to say it, it worked well. Very little maintenance will make these guns go far. Biggest con; 9mm is too small for my taste and the .45's require a large paw that I'm not equipt with

1911 - LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Everyone makes these things now so your choices are all but unlimited. They range from $250 on up for a brand new piece. Parts and upgrades are everywhere. And mostly because nothing says "Stop!" like a 97 year old model throwing 250 grain chunks of lead right at the mo'-fracky that had "other plans"

S&W - Cumminalong has this one pegged. Their wheelguns are GREAT! But they have yet to build a truely remarkable auto. The Sigma is absolute sh*t. I would sooner throw this chunk of garbage than shoot it, even if my life DID depend on it. The M&P is closer to what I personally expect from a gunmaker like S&W, but they lost me with their poorly designed trigger. No thanks.

XD - This is the gun I trust my life to everyday at work and every night at home. The XD is an all business gun. If you, like me, are in love with the 1911, the XD is truely the only way to go. The XD is the closest you will ever get to a 1911 in a polymer weapon. I cannot say enough about this gun. I own an XD45 Compact. I'm not a very big person (5'9" 140#) so the prospect of trying to conceal a full-sized 45 was just not practical. I've noticed a few people thought the same of the full-size XD45. The Compact is a great compromise.