Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fireams

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fireams

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Well, living in the city like I do I don't dare even try to call myself a redneck, but I will share with you MY observation on the whole gun thing. PLEASE understand that I am NOT trying to put anyone down one way or the other. Ok?

mayfair step up to the plate and call yourself a redneck, be proud. I visit my buddy up in NYC all the time, a year or 2 ago we decided to go to the bronx zoo, for those of you that dont know, the bronx is a ghetto with no whites live there. When we were on the train it got progessivly "darker" until we were the only white people. You better believe i was walking around in my UT sweatshirt, i did have my, well ill use the proper term not what i call it, tactical baton (feel free to PM me if you want to know what i call it, be warned) with me. but i didnt give a **** besides you see two white guys in the bronx you either think theyre dope dealers or theyre crazy white folk so dont F with them. when we left it was already night time. also when i was in the regular part of the city, i had 6 different people come up to me saying go horns.......rednecks are everywhere, just like the klan. my buddy was telling me that this one guy came into his store driving an S600, his coworker saw a ring on the guys finger and said to him, "lifetime member?" the guy said yep, we dont run around in sheets anymore......

as for the caliber, was it this post where i said that a .40 puts out more kenetic energy than a .45 or a 9mil? most people think that a .45 is a better choice for damage, but a .40 will punch through more and stand up better to a light duty bullet proof vest. but if ya know the guys got a vest on, either aim for the crotch area and then for the head or stab him, a knife will go through kevlar.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cumminalong
It doesn't have to drive tacks at 50 yds, it has to shoot to point of aim at 20 yds or less and keep those bullets on a 10" plate. Anything beyond that is bragging rights.
I'll agree 100% with you except for one thing. Unfortunately having seen more than one gunfight, I think you can expand the size of that plate to about 4 foot, not 10". NOBODY is standing there "taking aim". They are hiding behind a car, and shooting in the general direction of who they want to shoot at. They don't care if they shoot whoever in the chest, or the foot. Once someone is injured, THEN whoever is doing the shooting will come out from behind the car and finish the job, and at that point, the gun could shoot sideways because at that point the shooter is standing pretty much over his victim.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
cumminalong

I'll agree 100% with you except for one thing. Unfortunately having seen more than one gunfight, I think you can expand the size of that plate to about 4 foot, not 10". NOBODY is standing there "taking aim". They are hiding behind a car, and shooting in the general direction of who they want to shoot at. They don't care if they shoot whoever in the chest, or the foot. Once someone is injured, THEN whoever is doing the shooting will come out from behind the car and finish the job, and at that point, the gun could shoot sideways because at that point the shooter is standing pretty much over his victim.
I will have to disagree with you there brother. Having gotten hit, I can tell you one thing, I WAS A MAD MF'r and I sure as hell wasn't about to lay there and take it. A wound doesn't mean you can't shoot, it just hurts. But, if some sorry soul doesn't have any will to live, then I guess they'll just lay there and die!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Dude that'e effed up !!!! [:-]

Anyway, while I understand what you are trying to say, let me ask you one question, ( and PLEASE remember that we're just having a conversation here, not a pissing match ) but anyway, what did you do IMMEDIATELY after you got hit? Not 2 seconds later, IMMEDIATELY? Did you look down? Was your attention pulled away from whatever you were on before? THAT is all the time it takes to slow you down.

Most people once shot whereverlose focus, and give someone else JUST enough time to AIM.

I know I've said it before, but let me say it again, THANKS for having the ***** to serve our country brotha !!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

I will have to disagree with you there brother. Having gotten hit, I can tell you one thing, I WAS A MAD MF'r and I sure as hell wasn't about to lay there and take it. A wound doesn't mean you can't shoot, it just hurts.

thats why our .223 is designed to tumble once it hits you, we use to have tumbling bullets but the geneva convention outlawed them. its mainly to set someone thats all doped up on their ***. but the .223 is a piece of **** in urban combat, **** bounces off of doors, even heard of them ricocheting off of windshields. 7.62 is much better for CQC, a door or wall wont stop that. and tell me who the hell wants to be holding an MP5 when they see a raghead in their fatal frontal when he enters a room??

Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
RamItOne

what did you do IMMEDIATELY after you got hit? Not 2 seconds later, IMMEDIATELY? Did you look down? Was your attention pulled away from whatever you were on before?

Most people once shot whereverlose focus, and give someone else JUST enough time to AIM.
Mayfair....Adrenaline.... youll hear all the time about not evern realizing youre hit until after the firefight. or someone will say it felt like a bee sting at first.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
cumminalong

what did you do IMMEDIATELY after you got hit? Not 2 seconds later, IMMEDIATELY? Did you look down? Was your attention pulled away from whatever you were on before?

I'm not mad brother, you know that.

Immediately after.........I looked down like, "WHAT THE F?"

The only time that kind of time matters is when you are inside that fatal 21 ft. Inside that, shot placement is less important that just getting the first hit. After that you can get a quick follow up shot faster than the person can recover. You're right, absolutely right about that.

But, when you are talking about someone behind a car, using cover, and has the mind set of "Not on this night......", a wound is just that, it's not fatal.

In order for a wounding shot to be effective, you have to be close enough to close the gap and make contact with the person or be able to get a well placed second and end it.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I always catch these interesting threads days after they've happened and wandered off in different directions. As it goes I bought my first handgun today. Always liked the 1911's and ended upgettinga Taurus PT1911.Never owned a pistol before and I'm stoked. it was raining today or I woulda been shooting. Got a question about ammo quality. I just bought the cheapest stuff they had at wal mart $32 for a 100 rounds -Winchester full metal jacket 230 grain -is that decent ammo?

Gota heavy barrel Colt AR15 A2 without the bayonette lug (that's the post-ban??) had it about 15 years or so.Bought it brand new right after they outlawed bayonettelugs. It's just a collectorpiece I like to look at every now and then never been fired. If I want to shoot one I get myuncle's old ColtAR15 A1 one of the first civillian production models. That gun has shot several thousand rounds it's a funvarmant rifle. Got afew other lesser guns a 22 I had as a kid, a Marlin 30/30 I used to deer hunt with, and aBeretta 12ga shotgun for dove hunting.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Nice arsonal. Makes me Jealous.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I dont know if I'd call it an arsenal it's only5 guns lol. Got the 1911 tokeep in my nightstand or carry in the Ram if I want to. Gonna be shooting it all the time though just for fun. The AR is my baby I knowsome guys probably c ringe at the sight of one that's never fired sort of like a diesel truck that don't tow lol. I may shoot it one of these days one thing if I had to do overI sure wish I'd bought up several thousand rounds for it way back when.. Damn ammo is worse than fuel...