Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I hate goodyear!!!!!!!!!!! opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
austin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate goodyear!!!!!!!!!!! opinions??

Well not only on my old truck did they mess up 2 of my rims to "patch a hole"(which they never did, it still leaked out of both) So I had 2 badly scratched rims that they would do NOTHING ABOUT...

Now I took my truck in there to have the fan clutch replaced. They called and said "you cant just buy the one part, you have to buy the whole thing. Out the door it will be $530" And I thought, ok if thats how it has to be...

Well SOMEHOW they drove to dallas (1hr to get there and back) and replaced the whole fan assembly in a total of 2.5 hours after I got off the phone with them. To me, thats pretty fast!

I pick up the truck and go and get gas. As soon as I put it in park the whole truck starts vibrating, sounds like the valves are going insane with a straight pipe too, and engine codes are being thrown everywhere! I get out pissed and pop the hood, and found the fan spinning very fast, the engine idling at 400rpm and vibrating back and forth very fast! Engine was only at 180*, wasn't even warmed up yet!!

Called Goodyear and bitched them out, and made them send a tow truck. The store was still open for 2 more hours and they said they will just look at it in the morning. I didn't like that very much either! Code was p0069, for the map sensor. I think they left it unplugged!!!

Could this have damaged my engine? and also do you think goodyear should replace what they broke for free, and have a test done on the engine to make sure it didnt damage it? I already told the manager I want everything checked and fixed and a partial refund.

Austin

Old 04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I hate goodyear!!!!!!!!!!! opinions??

if they left the MAP sensor unplugged you would ahve gotten a code VERY quick. not only that you would have drug **** to the gas station.

when you took it to them it was in good working order, save the fan clutch(which is a $200 part) but when you got it back it was all messed up. . .they fix at their expence.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 PM
austin
Veteran

Wait, $200 part? They are charging me $395+ labor! When I get the truck back I will look at the papers and see what exactly it is. Then do some research on the internet and see how much it is. They got it from a Dodge Dealership though...

Think I should get them to pay "my" dodge dealership(They know me really well there and I trust them) to do a diagnostic test to make sure the truck is fine? I already called them and he said bring it up to them if I can... But im not paying $100 to make sure Goodyear isnt a bunch of monkeys, they should I think!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry. .. I have that price wrong. ..it is a little over $400.

basicaly the goodyear place is charging you to go pick the part up. it may be worth it to have the dealer look at it and show them they dont know the difference between a 9/16 socket and Mary Janes pink undies.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I guess what I really don't understand here is why you took your Ram back to a place that screwed you once already? Especially if you know the guy's at odge and you trust them.

Anyway, what's done is done. What you need to do RIGHT NOW is start doccumenting EXVERYTHING from this point forward and anything that you can rember EXACTLY as it happened prior. Do it NOW while ti's still fresh in your head !! Doccument every conversation had, with who, and include the dates and times. You may need this info should Goodyear decide to play hardball.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 AM
austin
Veteran

WELL... the dodge dealer said that the problem was power washing the engine bay. Which is what my dad and his friend told me to do. they think the computer is crap now. The dealer is letting is sit for 2 days with the hood open seeing if it will dry out.
I was always told you can wash the engine just stay away from the air filter, is that not true??? I have done that for years without a problem...

Apparently it was nothing goodyear did wrong. I am still gunna stick it on them anyway possible. I brought it to them with it working, and came out not working.

i went there because they know my parents well. They always do good jobs on their trucks... For some reason there not good with me though! I thought it would be an easy job for them to change the fan clutch though.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Mayfair
Legend

The dodge dealer told you that powerwashing your engine killed your computer?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 AM
austin
Veteran

Yes they haven't looked at the truck just yet though. The truck is throwing a lot of codes, but the truck runs fine apparently. They said from powerwashing the engine bay(remember, I was getting all the mud out) the computer may be dead. They are waiting till this afternoon to see if it will dry out though..

Does powerwashing hurt it? There is a chip on the truck, if that chip got wet could it mess up the computer?

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:17 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I'd throw the bullsh*t flag on the dealer. Just doesn't add up... I washed the hell outta mine not 2 weeks ago and everything is A-OK. The computer is in a sealed box anyhow. The only way you got that thing wet was if the seal was broken. And the timing is suspicious on Goodyear's part. Listen to Mayfair. If it's not documented, it never happened...

Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

If water is a problem the dealer should blow alll the connectors out with compressed air and repack the connector(s) with di-electric grease again. Other than that every time I wash my truck I powerwash my engine... This is every weekend during the summer time. I've been doing this for over 5 years now and NEVER had a problem. I think the dealer is trying to find a way of getting out of replacing a ECM/PCM controllers...

I say the dealer is BS you! Time to take it elsewhere...

Quick Reply: I hate goodyear!!!!!!!!!!! opinions??