Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Texas info

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:45 PM
02cummins
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas info

hey guys, well ive lived in ny my whole life, and i kinda wanna try somewhere else lately to live, and im 23 years old now, im wonderin about texas...anyone from texas on here? that can give me a run through of the ups and downs ?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Default RE: Texas info

Spent a total of 5 years in central Texas (read arm-pit of the state) thanks to Uncle Sam and other than it being hotter than the hubs of hell in the summer it aint to bad....as long as your a gun-tot'n, red-neck, spit chewing, republican

(there that should get Buzzy going )

Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I would consider Arizona.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 PM
austin
Veteran

I have lived in Texas all my life. Its hot as hell in the summer. Can get to over 100 easy... up to 110 a couple days. In the summer nights its pretty nice though, about 70.

The winter it will get down to 40-50 usually... nights about 35. It snows about 2 days a year here, but its usually gone by 4pm.

As long as you can stand the heat its pretty good!!! Dallas is full of wiggers and "african americans"... Go outside the city limits and you will reach RICH places though

Of course there is a lot of country out here!!! Kind of like Oklahoma, without the Indians.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 AM
RamItOne

can't go wrong with texas, best state in the union by far.
Dont know where austins coming up with the winter numbers, even down in San antonio it gets in the 20's. Up north by the panhandle it'll get a lot colder. I dont understand these yankees that complain about the heat, I've live in fla and Texas, we have AC, anyone been to ny in the summer its hot as he'll up there and half the ****** up there dont have central air, thats worse.
Besides a hot day is a great reason to go tubing down the guadalupe river with a cooler of beer floating with you. Great hunting!!! My parents have a vacation home in NC, my buddy lives in NYC I've vacationed in half the states and most of Europe and I'd take texas hands down.
Nobody says they're proud to be from Illinois, but they damn sure say they're proud to be a Texan. American by birth, Texan by the grace of god. You won't hear someone say that about new Hampshire.

Just about anyone thats been to Texas will say they love it, if they didnt they've got something wrong with em, I think even azcummins is starting to like it even though he's at fort hoodlum.

Great BBQ, great beer, great attitude, great scenery, great women- some of the Hispanic women are great to date, ESP the mixed texicans. We've got real women who don't just drive a truck and think they're country, ours can rope and ride too.

Other than Austin (where are the queer hippies chose to retire) you'll pretty much find real genuine people, they're not out to impress anyone, just doing whatever they do to get by in life. You don't see idiots with their ball cap tilted and angled, you don't wear sun glasses inside. You don't drive a truck because its cool. You can see stars at night, you can drive all day and still be in Texas.

You should book a ticket to Texas and spend a week driving around. Don't know where in ny you are but southwest air flies out of islip and they're pretty cheap.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 AM
austin
Veteran

Well at night in Dallas it can get in the 20s... I never really see that during the day though. Unless my memory is shot!(which is possible)

During the day it doesnt get bad at all here in the winter! Sometimes it will get down to the teens... and the next day it will be 40.

I agree... Texas is a state you are proud to be in!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 AM
02cummins
Captain

haha good feedback...i gotta try it out im thinkin...i live in the suburbs of ny, not the city...so its country/suburbs here...i live near buffalo, and canada(nia falls) i just wanna go somewhere its on average nice all year because im miserable in the winter here. hows the work down there? i know that in ny everything is more fast paced, so i hear??? so maybe i would be a hard worker down there? hahaha

Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 AM
JR 06
Professional

+1 to moving down here. I currently live in Lubbock(not for long though) which is where I grew up. Lived in Houston for a few years and loved it there, but growing up in dry heat the humidity took some getting used to. But Houston is awesome because you have pretty much anything you could wanna do there, plus only an hour drive and your down in Galveston at the beach. And most of the other major Texas cities are pretty close to Houston. Like Ramitone said, I've never met a person that didn't like it here.

Also, don't forget the rules to enter Texas!

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a
pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are cattle & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it?
I-20 and I-10 go east and west, I-35 goes north and south.
Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 cotton strippers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly.
Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we
WILL shoot it out of your hand.
You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawfish. You really want sushi & caviar?
It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious
holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of
age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats,
vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante Sauce. Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... It AINT REAL CHILI!!
Chili was born and bred in San Antonio.... and real chili never met a tomato!

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards - it
spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try Texas, Texas A&M,Texas Tech or U of H. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.

16. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Texas" If you do, it will get you whipped by the best.

17. Always remember what our great governor Sam Houston once said:
"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States
can't make it without Texas."

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
RamItOne

Lubbock rocks! Does tech still hold the no1 ranking for stds?
great food, stellas, goodfellas. Rosas is the best Tex Mex north of the pecos, abuelos rocks. I'm drawing a blank on the steakhouse I like, its out in the middle of nowhere, cattle something. Ya got the big Texan north in Amarillo.
Is dillard lake still there or did they finally put in some drainage.
New years and the 4th is always fun, my girlfriend lived in the county, not the trash part but the rich part (think it was called llano estates) house is much nicer than ol bobby knights. Get drunk and blow **** up.
Lubbock has more car dealerships and restaurants than any other city, and why did they build that 2nd best buy just a stones throw from the other one.

Houstons murder rate skyrocketed ever since those katrina people came in and stayed. Bus em back or send some greyhounds to vidor and jasper an bus them into Houston, thatll get em to leave. We had one of our malls used as a place for the katrina people. I was at my buddys store and this bitch was bitchin about having to buy a new tire, she said I'm a katrina victim, my buddys friend that worked there stepped in and said I'm a katrina victim as well, but I went and got a job, try doing that instead of bitching about it. Oh that was funny. This happened about 8 months ago so its not like it was just after katrina blew through.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 AM
RamItOne

it was cagel steakhouse that I was thinking of.

Quick Reply: Texas info