Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

There Is No Gas Shortage

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There Is No Gas Shortage

hey guys, there NEVER has been a fuel shortage!!!!!

if the screw ball environMENTALists would stop blocking progress, the oil companies could have drilled Alaska, the gulf south of Texas, and around the contiguous USA. they could even UNCAP the old wells that were never pumped too!!!!!

people with MONEY really irk me some times!!!! [:@]

Old 04-03-2008, 05:18 PM
RamItOne

any news on what big oil and congress accoplished this week?

Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
stewtina
Veteran

the only thing that was acomplished was big oil saying our billions of dollars profit is on par with everyone elses profit. I sure would like to know where that other compan is soi can start one like it.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

The whole thing of congress grilling the oil executives as if they were just innocent bystanders who played no role in high prices really irked me. They've stood in the way of expanded refining capacity and increased domestic production for years. And their suggested
"solutions" lately seem to be just windfall profit taxes on "outrageous" profits of oil companies.They (congress)made a $4.2 trillion "windfallprofit" on income taxes last year just google fiscal 2007 tax receipts. Now tell me what is not outrageous about that and what usefulness has come from it? I'm sorry guys but I don't begrudge the oil companies their profits. They produce something useful but worldwide demand is up it only stands to reason price will follow.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Bigriver

This is a few paragraths from the second link, that alarms to to no end.

Taylor predicted in 2004 – when oil was around $31.50 a barrel – that “if OPEC disappeared tomorrow, oil prices would drop to somewhere around $8 a barrel and gasoline prices would almost certainly be south of $1 a gallon. A price collapse of that magnitude would do more for consumer welfare and the overall health of the American economy than almost anything that’s been put on the table by President Bush or his Democratic Party rivals.â€
__________________________________________________ _________________________

In May 1973, Libyan leader Muammar el Qaddafi said, “The day will come when oil will be used as the ultimate weapon in the battle†against the West (July 8, 1973, New York Times). Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has in recent years repeatedly mentioned that Iran could use oil as a weapon against the United States if attacked. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has made similar threats.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

“High oil prices, which OPEC facilitates, serve to transfer wealth from Western consumers to petroleum producers,†Heritage Foundation Senior Research Fellow Ariel Cohen wrote in a WebMemo in June 2005. “This wealth transfer funds terrorism through individual oil wealth and government-controlled ‘non-profit’ foundations. It also permits hundreds of millions of dollars to be spent on radical Islamist education in madrassahs.â€

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

“Global economists say with oil near $100 a barrel, the OPEC nations alone now make enough money in just six days to buy General Motors, enough in three years to buy 20 percent of every company in the S&P 500,†Betsy Stark reported on the ABC “World News with Charles Gibson†Jan. 16, 2008.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimated OPEC countries earned $675 billion in revenue in 2007 and are on track to bring in $863 billion in 2008. EIA does not estimate how much profit OPEC countries make.

Quite sobering information isn't it?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:26 AM
CutterW
Captain

I work in the Natural Gas field and I'm told just from the wells we have we are stocked up for 60-80 years. And we use more Natural Gas than Gasoline and Natural Gas is used for heating homes, fueling cars, propane and a crap load of other stuff. And is Natural Gas not cheaper than Gasoline? I did a 3 page paper and the disadvantage of Natural Gas is it takes up your trunk (scuba tank bottles) which hold about 9 gallons I think equiv to Gas. You can only go 30 miles a gallon, but it is the cleanest burning fuel and cost half as much if not less. also you are able to buy a self fueling system the size of an old payphone (about 20in. by 10in by 10in? somewhere around there) that just uses the Natural Gas you use for heating your home. I like the fact of using Natural Gas because its effiecient, you dont lose horsepower, but the downside is how far you can go and there are about 70% of fueling stations are on east and west coast so out here in middle of USA it is a big downside. but for around 25k for a car and 3k for fueling system it seems like a nice deal for the wife driving to work. You just leave it plugged in over night to fuel up and it runs off a regular gas engine with few modifications. I'm always going to keep the option open for Natural Gas Vehicles for short drives, but I'm sorry to break the news guys, My company is giving me a F550 for work. But I never have to touch the engine, they send it to dealership for all maintenence.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Isn't natural gas more explosive?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:00 PM
CutterW
Captain

I havent seen it explode but I've seen it do like gas and burn. Nothing explodes unless its under pressure, or so I know.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:24 PM
handymanherb
Banned

If you run a generator on natural gas, you have to buy the next biggest size up as it loses power on natural gas, so you have to buy a 8 kw to get 7kw, but it is nice as you don't have to worry about running out of fuel because fuel truck couldn't get there to bring propane and the gas is there.

I kept my gas stove and water heater, when most changed out, it's nice when the electric is out a few days after a bad storm, if nice to be able to cook and have a hot shower.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:25 PM
KenZ
Veteran

I don't believe there is a shortage either. Supplies are up and usage is down that's a fact. Wholesale prices as of friday were 2.99 for heating oil (diesel, home heat, kerosene, etc.), and 2.76 for gasoline. that's .23 cents per gallon difference wholesale, but its .80 cents different at the pumps! The law of supply and demand don't exist in this market anymore. Price is purely speculation. Any little bit of news affects the market almost immediately. As for alternative fuels, ethenol cost more to make and gets a little less mpg. As for natural gas, we have it in abundance, but still import alot. Usage is limited do to ease of fill ups, and the mpg is less. Propane has less btu's and cost alot and gets less mpg. I often wondered why people use heating oil instead of propane until I figured out the cost per btu. Per btu heating oil is cheaper. A fellow worker just filled his propane pig at a delivered price of $3.69 a gallon! All the blame can't be put on big oil, just some of it. Just do what Bush/chaney want and bend over and take it like an american.[&:][:@]

Quick Reply: There Is No Gas Shortage