Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Programers and Chips for the 6.7L

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Joel_MD
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programers and Chips for the 6.7L

Are you asking if you remove the cat/DPF and add the black box, will it have an effect on emissions testing? Of course it will. The exhaust will emit more soot and unburned fuel. They don't add those items for decoration.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
NickDS650

Now from what i read about the DPF, it adds fuel if your EGT's are not high enough, aka if ur runnin light loads which i am most of the time, now i'd love to get a set of duals for mine, but adding duals will keep it cooler and then my truck will be adding more fuel to comensate the EGT to be high enough for the DPF... right?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Just a reminder if you install any programer, chip or power box you can kiss your warranty good by as they will find traces of it in the ECM. Your only hope is that Smart will come out with one someday for the 6.7 as so far they have the best record of not being found by the dealer.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Moparfan1984

As far as breakin...the I hear alot of different things even with the dealers. The average I hear is around 10K...is this a good range for waiting to install a programer?

As far as programers being traced...a guy I work with told me that Superchip Flashpaq was not traced when he took his truck into the dealership! Maybe superchip is a good one to use?

Quick Reply: Programers and Chips for the 6.7L