Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

The courts will push it , no worries there , good luck trying to get the child since its been with its mother the whole life , and you are worried about support ? LMAO , wait till she goes for back support to..LOL... which ever way it goes its gonna cost ya $$$$$ , And the court does not give a **** who left who 1st , the only thing they care about is that the child gets there money .. Ask me how i know CAUSE I PAY CHILD SUPPORT.. Here is another nice thing , the mother will want this much a month sometimes they get that amount , just get ready to living on your wifes pay cause they just mite take 3/4 of your pay.
Actually, every state is different on this....which may be a help or a hinderance to him on this regard. More to the point, he CAN get a lawyer to get the paternity test pushed to the forefront.

You are correct that it's going to take some $$$$$ and regardless of how it turns out, he's probably still going to lose out.....unless its not his child. Also, alot of states are now setting a specific number as to how much you're required to pay with regards to the type of custody you have. For example, Texas requires you to pay 25% of your income for 1 child, 28% for 2, and I believe it's 30% for 3...

Bottom line - every state is different, and some good people get screwed, and some win big.... the key is to have all your ducks in a row, and make everyone of those ducks knockout blows. If she's in and out of jail for drug use, if she's unable to hold a job because of said drug habits, if she's neglecting the child, etc etc... these are all things that the courts will want to see. Some states are easier to fight for child support/custody then others.

Indiana, where I live, is primarily a woman's state. Women tend to get custody 8 out of 10 times, regardless if they are a good mother, make more money, etc.... which to me....is complete bull****. How does any of that make any sense? If the father is more financially stable, good living enviroment, good job, and is just as physically able/willing to take care of his child as the mother, why should she automatically get custody.... she shouldnt.

Hopefully, this is not the case for you.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dirtydodge02

I am for sure better off without her. Trouble is, I haven't been with her since June of '02! And now she wants to spring this on me! I'm all about getting involved with the child I have with her, but I've tried so many times to get a pat. test done, and everytime she runs away from it! Literally! She not only backed out this last time, but she dropped her State assistance (Wyoming) and moved to a different state (Montana) that has some loophole in her favor. In Wyoming, when I wanted the pat. test, the state told her, either you do it, or we drop your welfare benefits. So she ran away! She has hidden this little girl from me for almost 6 years and NOW she wants me to pay child support and maintain medical insurance (that I can't even afford to keep on my wife and kids now!) because she's a broke *** drug addict who's involved with a druggie that has 0 work ethic! I'm just in awe of the whole situation! Does she really think that I can't provide a better life for this little girl?? Or that I'm not willing to?? I'd much rather have her in my custody where I knew that she was being properly taken care of!

Sorry to hear such. You need to find a lawyer ASAP (good ones are not cheap) then you need to give him the above info to show that she has not wanted you to know if the child is yours. Also let him know that she has skipped from one state to the next to avoid a paternity test and that the paternity test is why she skipped from one state to the next. The more you can make her look bad the better off it may be for you in the long run. I'm not sure about the laws in MT but if she was ever move to WA or CA you would be screwed.

Good Luck.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: dirtydodge02

but I've tried so many times to get a pat. test done, and everytime she runs away from it! Literally! She not only backed out this last time, but she dropped her State assistance (Wyoming) and moved to a different state (Montana) that has some loophole in her favor. In Wyoming, when I wanted the pat. test, the state told her, either you do it, or we drop your welfare benefits. So she ran away! She has hidden this little girl from me for almost 6 years
I just saw this part of your response when I read DBLR's post... and it's something that you seriously need to get in writing, if you dont already have....and submit it to a lawyer/court. Note the section in bold in your quote..

Why would this be important? Because if she moved just to stay on welfare, then she's abusing the system and could force her to lose them regardless. A lawyer could give you better answers then any of us.... but man.... I'd definitely try to get that crap in writing if its available. Also, let's say that was in 2003....why did she wait until 2008 to do this again? The courts will not like seeing that from her.... regardless of what they decide on...and may go easier on you.

Also, since you were trying to get paternity established in Wyoming, you might be able to use Wyoming to force her to get a paternity test before Montana can force you to do anything, since she essentially didnt comply with the state's orders. Not really sure of this, but I do know that things like this do happen.

Also, I will add that regardless of how this turns out, I would push for strict guidelines on where she can move/live with your child. My friend's ex-wife cant even leave the county with his child. Stay on top of it too, cuz if she's essentially floating from address to address....you can make the courts hell for her.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this just sucks. You do have some good on your side though. Child support is a federal thing and is regulated the same in ALL states. Just how it happens is by state to state. The things that you got going for you is that you did try to contact her for years once you got back. Hope you have any kind of records on that for proof. Another thing is that since she fled after the request of the paternity test, she technically kidnapped your daughter if she is yours by crossing state line and not letting you know. One big thing you got going for you is that if the girl is yours and she wants child support, since she left without your knowledge and with no contact, you can request that she moves back to your area for visitation, sue for custodyyourself, or you can relinquish any parental rights that you may have, and not pay child support. A lawyer will be abl to more incite on that though.

Now to get a lawyer is going to cost you. You might be lucky and find an attorney that will start with a retainer around $5000. The good news, if your ex does not have the money for a lawyer, she will have to settle for defending herself in family court which by the looks of it, will cost her bigtime. More good news, a lawyer may be able to snip this in the bud with a simple letter and phone call to her district and then you will get most of your retainer back. Now if you want to know if the girl is yours, and you want custody and/or visitation, then you can count on your retainer and then some being spent. It is all up to you.

Quick story, a freind of mine here in Miami got divorced and had 2 little boys. He spent roughly $55k on proving that he was the better parent and got custody and child support in his favor. The reason he won.....he could afford an attorney and she had to defend herself. The lawyer ate her up. Now there was nothing wrong with the mother other than she had a temper, but when push comes to shove, our great US laws SUCKand if you don;t have somebody to speak it, you will lose.

Good luck on what ever decision you choose and I hope you get what you want.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:23 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Thanks for all the help on this guys. Sucks that so many of you have been through it, but it really makes me feel like I stand a chance on this. I think that I do still have documentation on some of this. When I got deployed, about 95% of my stuff got "destroyed" by my roommate at the time (Pawned I'm sure) so all I have left is a few things. Hope it's in there. If not, hopefully CSS has the records. Again, thanks for the support.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Splicer

Unforgiven, she's in Billings. And Drew, I'm hoping an attorney would be able to subpoena her arrest record and all that fun stuff. Anyone know what a lawyer is gonna cost me? DAMNIT![:@]
Sorry to here about this!!!!
I used to live in Casper and know an Attorney I could refer you to. They may not be able to help you but could probably point you to someone who can.

PM me if you want the name and number.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:10 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran

I know a lawyer here in MT that is a vicious son of bastich. He charges plenty but men win with him. It's a long way to come to Glendive to meet with him but I guess if you don't have any other options dude.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Truck Dude
Veteran

hey dirtydodge02..

well i know im a gasser as you diesel guys call em, lol. but i read the diesel section alot because i dream of owning a truck like the ones you guys have when im older.

anyways i read your story and i hope everything works out for you...but heres a little on my story.

im 16 yrs old and my mom left my dad when he was on a business trip when i was 1.5 yrs old because he was abusive and other complications. He went 12 yrs without even trying to contact me or my mom and as of about 2 years ago, he filed a court petition to get visitation rights back. well me knowing that he was abusive and stuff, i want nothing to do with anything he has to offer me, but he keeps insisting that i need to talk to him and live with him.

sorry for the rant and i know your situation is different but i wanted to tell you this so you get a childs persepective on the whole thing. my dad never paid child support in the 12 yrs he didnt have contact with me and he owes over 25,000 to my mom that he is somehow getting away without paying. again i hope your situation works out.

Nick

Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ur x wife is what I like to call an epic failure at life

Old 04-10-2008, 12:20 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran

Hey TruckDude!

He owes you that money! That is my perspective on most cases of child support. It is provided to give you a better standard of living and what I like to see is something like a trust set up for you to go to college. I agree with your decision regarding his abusive nature. What would've changed?

Quick Reply: OT: JUST GOT SERVED!!