Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: My little brother finally got himself a truck.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008 | 01:51 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Default RE: OT: My little brother finally got himself a truck.

Driving a GMC gas hog with a useless bed does not beat driving a car for me.

Old 04-14-2008 | 09:00 AM
Az2500Cummins08

How is the bed useless?

Old 04-14-2008 | 02:13 PM
RamItOne

my first few cars were mercedes and I wouldnt go back to them after driving a truck.

Dont know bout the useless bed.

Old 04-14-2008 | 02:19 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

It's a nice truck, but it's too bad he blew his load on a 2wd. I just couldn't ever get myself to buy a 2wd. A truck just isn't the same without it. I have 35" tires, and I hardly throw my truck into mud, but at least I can say I can use the damn lift and tires lol. If your going to drive around a lifted truck that is a gas hog, don't ya atleast want to say you can tear through anything??[8D]

I actually really liked it when I first saw the picture, but when I found out it was 2wd, I'd say that's one of the worst things that would keep me from buying a truck. He will feel the gas prices too. I drove a fricken DODGE NEON before I traded it in for my dodge ram. I was getting 28 city, and 40 on the highway, thing was a go-kart. I am 18 years old, and I still had the common sense that if I was going to get a gas hog, I at least wanted to make sure it could plow through anything anytime Besides, you have one of the nicest 3rd generations rams I've seen, he didn't have to look too far for a role model, I can't believe he picked a 2wd!

Old 04-14-2008 | 02:24 PM
RamItOne

ha 01dodge, I got ripped by a lot of people in 3rd gen cause I said putting a susp lift and mig tires on a 2wd makes as much sense as taking a ***** to dinner, either way youll still get f'd in the end. Even had a poll running on if they should be lifted, it wound up about 50/50.

Old 04-14-2008 | 02:31 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Lol, really, they got mad about that? I mean to me, I can completely understand a 2wd truck if either A.) your a workaholic and don't care about looks, and just need something to care plywood, sheetrock, studs, etc.)...or b.) you want to race, and don't need a front differential dragging you down. BUT, buying a 2wd and then LIFTING it, is silly to me. Part of the appeal of a lifted truck is that it will plow through ANYTHING. I'm into big power, and aggressive trucks....but lifting a 2wd truck is like lifting a 1500 and then slapping roof lights and 3500 decals on the side...all your doing with a 2wd lifted truck is getting the same ****ty gas mileage and rough ride but without the payoff that it can actually do what it looks like it can do[8D]

Old 04-14-2008 | 03:09 PM
RamItOne

heres a link to the poll
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1245634/tm.htm

yeah ive pissed pleanty people off on several diff threads.

its the whole poser factor to me. just like when you have these rice burners and mod out a piece of **** so its a fast piece of ****.....

Old 04-14-2008 | 06:04 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Wow guys, alot of input here. I couldnt agree more. I was excited about it until he told me it was a 2WD. He paid 19K for it with 80+ K on the Odo. Way to much. I like to way you put it RamItOne, lifting a 2WD is like taking a ***** out to dinner.
My brother is into off roading almost as much as I am. He is into quads, and I am into trucks. He never looked up to me as a role model. I grew up busting knuckles, wrangler jeans and greasy hands, bucking hay. But he had a rich friend. Who got everything he ever wanted from his rich mommy. My family was poor and he hated that so he never listened to my parents, blah blah blah, and decided he wanted to be like his rich friend. Drinking, ditchin school, drugs, a brand new truck every year so you can see why I wasnt a roll model for him.

But, look at me now and look at him. Thats what my dad keeps tellin him. I got a house, a brand new truck, money to spend on my truck. I kinda think he is getting pissed off that my dad keeps tellin him this.

What gets me is, he can barely afford to feed his newborn son, but then he does and blows 19K on a used truck that sucks alot of gas? WTF? Not a good financial decision. But, who am I? I just his big bro.

Old 04-14-2008 | 06:11 PM
RamItOne

19k with 80k miles, thats horrible.

yeah like i said before since he has a kid and money issues a camry would have been the way to do, esp since he likes quads and not trucks, you can tow a quad behind a camry, sure you may be the only car there but your kids belly is full................

Old 04-14-2008 | 07:10 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Wow, coming from you, that is pretty wise.
I ain't gonna try and tell him what to do. I just end up bailing him out in a couple years since I will be back home.

Quick Reply: OT: My little brother finally got himself a truck.