Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tax refund

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tax refund

ORIGINAL: mytowrig

anyone ever wonder what kind of difference it makes to file jointly with another person rather than by your self? i knew there was a difference, but not this much! a co-worker and i both used the same cpa, worked the same jobs, and all that. only differences were that he lives with his girlfriend (who only made about 5k all year) and he worked about 10 more days during the year than i did because i had to take off for family stuff. he has no kids, doesnt own a home, has no dependents. seriously, the ONLY differences were those 10 extra days and he filed with his girlfriend. a couple weeks ago he tells me our CPA finished his return and told him he is getting 11.3K back! i start getting excited, thinking 'i know i wont get that much back cause i'm single' but i was thinking maybe somewhere around 8K. i started planning on how much i was gonna put down on my truck note, into savings, and a small mod or 2. well, i had a LOOONNNGG talk with my CPA over this today when he tells me i only get 3K back!! i thought 'what the hell!?!?!' we went over everything together over the phone. he ran it 14 different ways, all coming out with about the same results. then he ran a 'what if' scenario and put me down as married, or with a joint file. it would have given me an extra 7K right off the bat, even if my 'spouse' didnt report a single dime!!! sorry, i just had to rant there... this really pisses me off. just because i am single the government seems to think that i work less hard for my money than someone married or that i deserve it less! I freakin work 7 days a week 24 hours a day! i see my apartment, that i also have to pay for, about 10 hours a week, and often less than that!!! i am basically giving up my life to put money away for the future and to buy the things i want before i get married, and i am being penalized for it!!! aarrrrrgghhh!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

edit: and yes, i know there are some of you thinking "i wish i got 3K back!" but i bet you also didnt have about 25% od your income stolen by uncle sam either. i work really hard and dedicated for my paycheck and there is a lot i have to sacrifice in order to do it. i havent even spent a night in my bed in the last 3 months, havent had a christmas, easter, or thanksgiving in the last 2 years, had to give up my dog, i only get to drive my ram a few miles a week, the list goes on...

and not that i condone it, but i definately see why people blow up and set fire to irs buildings
What do you do? do you work in the oil fields?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:22 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

Thanks ramit, I forgot the o in ****- I am illiterate. Thats what I like about you guys, always looking out for each other!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:28 PM
KenZ
Veteran

This is were it goes....

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1270970/tm.htm

And they thank you very much! [:@]Oh, and they would like you to spend your chinese borrowed stimulus check at the chinese supplied Walmart.[:@]

Old 04-15-2008, 09:29 PM
mytowrig
Captain

AZ, yes, i work out in the oilfields of west tx

Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 PM
mattwilliams17

I wish I had to pay a million dollars in taxes,
Think of how much I would have made
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-15-2008, 09:32 PM
mytowrig
Captain

kenz, i haven't heard any thanks. not even in a different language. someone did call my number on accident the other day and when i returned the call to find out who it was, all i got was "i no englis, i no englis. no call"

Old 04-16-2008, 12:27 AM
jimmyshorts

I paid a smooth 55k in federal tax alone up here in the "great" white north, roughly 33% boys. All together we pay roughly 75% in taxes when u figure in fuel booze smokes, etc. I say abolish income tax (because it is illegal anyways) and charge a 19% sales tax across the board. The gov. dosent realize that the more money people have in thier pockets, the more they are going to spend. Then they would see a booming economy...just my two cents.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 AM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: firemedic740

Thanks ramit, I forgot the o in ****- I am illiterate. Thats what I like about you guys, always looking out for each other!
Seriously I dont know what prn means. Purdy rough neck was the only thing I can think of lol.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: jimmyshorts
I say abolish income tax (because it is illegal anyways) and charge a 19% sales tax across the board.
I used to think that way, but now I'm not so sure. If I had to pay 19% on EVERYTHING that I bought during the course of a week, I think I'd loose. What burns my *** is the way we are now taxed on our phone bills, cable, gas, water you name it. THAT frys my tush !! [:@]

Old 04-16-2008, 03:27 AM
Mayfairisafunnymfer
Rookie

PRN stands of Pro Re Nata or as needed. If you get a prescription for pain meds or something it will say prn for pain= as needed for pain. PRN jobs typically pay more per hour but you don't get the benefits. PRN jobs are typically in the healthcare field. Us RN's have a bangload or PRN jobs available.

Quick Reply: tax refund