Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Power Rear Windows - Like Toyota...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 PM
SoNauty
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Rear Windows - Like Toyota...

Ok, so how do I take my rear window and make it a power rear window?

There was this cute little toyota pickem up that drove by this morning and the ENTIRE rear window was half way down. I guess I hadn't noticed before but why have a split window when you can power down the entire window?

How can I make this work... I already have the window... why can't I make it a power upper and downer window?

Any ideas?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Power Rear Windows - Like Toyota...

because toyo thinks ahead, its nice riding in a D cab tundra with sunroof and rear window open.
I laughed my *** off when the mega cab came out and they kept that lil porthole window in this big ol truck. I rarely use my window but if I had a full window I'd use it a lot.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I too have wondered why they haven't done an old station wagon type of rear window. I just assumed that the body flexed too much - I dunno. It WOULD be cool as hell though !!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:55 AM
mytowrig
Captain

toyota's been doing that forever. even the original 4runner ('88?) had a power roll down window in the tailgate and every 4runner since has had a power roll down rear. never has even been an option as far as i know, just standard equip. i loved it in my '94 4runner... i too wish for one in my truck...

Old 04-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Batphreak
Veteran

Adding a power rear window that rolls down like the 'yotas is a bit complicated. However, there are a number of places that sell power sliders that can replace your rear window. Here's one example:

http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?Product=94

Old 04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
mytowrig
Captain

dodge already has that kind of power window as an option

Old 04-18-2008, 02:42 PM
92oilburner
Professional

The 1 piece power rear window is nothing new. Chevy had it as an option at least 15 years ago. My uncle still has the truck, I just can't remember exaclty what year it is. I think the aftermarket does have one for a Dodge, but they are kinda pricey.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:58 PM
mikebol
Veteran

My rear sliding window is power, not the whole window but the right\left sliding window. There's a button on the dash for it right next to the EB button. It's handy.

Mike

Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: mikebol

My rear sliding window is power, not the whole window but the right\left sliding window. There's a button on the dash for it right next to the EB button. It's handy.

Mike
thats still retarted.. its juts too small. esp when they came out with the mega cab. i can reach back and slide it open while driving but i rarely do because AC is the way to go...

Old 04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
firemedic740
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

because toyo thinks ahead, its nice riding in a D cab tundra with sunroof and rear window open.
I laughed my *** off when the mega cab came out and they kept that lil porthole window in this big ol truck. I rarely use my window but if I had a full window I'd use it a lot.
If toyota was thinkin ahead, how come they never thought about building a diesel like pretty much everybody else? And how was adding a full roll down rear window thinkin ahead, what were they preparing for? Ill give toyota one thing, dependability, but what good is a toyota good for. Until a few years ago they never made a fullsized truck with a fullsized bed.

Quick Reply: Power Rear Windows - Like Toyota...