Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dpf delete update

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 06:19 PM
firemedic740
|
Veteran
Default dpf delete update

Ok so I ran all day and all night yesterday without a code throwing. Wake up this morning 2 codes thrown- egt sensors from bank 2 and bank 3. Reset em and think Ill just put em in later. Well halfway through the day and bam catalyst full 90% comes in the info center. So I got the old exhaust back that was gonna get recycled and pulled all the sensors out of it and put them in the new exhaust, along with those 2 silver tubes that thread into the exhaust that I have no clue what they are. Hopefully this does the trick. Does anyone know if the catalyst full light resets on its own?

Old 04-20-2008 | 06:26 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Default RE: dpf delete update

Damn. That sucks. Well, hopefully everything works out.

Old 04-20-2008 | 08:48 PM
blownsoot

I think the 2 silver tubes are for a differential pressure sensor across the filter.

Old 04-20-2008 | 09:47 PM
12valveman
Professional

well hate to tell you but your probably screwed because all the sensors you unhooked and threw which your now putting back on actually do serve their purpose and no matter what you do at this point short of putting dpf back on your going to get dtc's and your info will show full soon and you will probably go into limp in mode and not get any mph out of it should have left it alone man sorry

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:08 PM
firemedic740
|
Veteran

Ok update, all the sensors are tapped into the new exhaust along with the two pressure lines. After driving about 20 min the catalyst full 90% slowly dropped down to 80% then to 70% then a beep and back to system ok. For two days no problems and like h&s and badptrucks claim they make a code regardless- I haven't seen a code yet. Hopefully this is it. And by the way- my neighbors son is an engineer for cummins just found that out- he says the dealer can turn all this emissions crap off with their computer after I had already gone through this. I don't know if this is true because I am good friends with my dealership and the techs say they can't- neighbors son says they wont do it for warranty issues.

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:12 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Hmm... so who's telling the truth? Or do the techs that you trust to work on your truck at the dealer just not know...

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:18 PM
mytowrig
Captain

kinda OT (ok, really OT), but you gonna blue-match your tow mirrors firemedic?

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:23 PM
firemedic740
|
Veteran

I dont know what do you guys think- I think they would look sweet, but i think,with the morons at work that think its funny to flip them down, the paint would wear down and look bad. I don't know? I would really love to paint the headlight bezels to match- but I can't get them to separate- seem like they are gonna break. I wish I new how to get of the place they are molded.

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:24 PM
dieselram
Captain

Firemedic,
You should ask your Cummins neighbor or Partsandservice about getting the ECU reprogrammed for "off-road use only"

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:27 PM
mytowrig
Captain

i think the blue mirrors would look cool since your grill is blue. the lights would be awesome blue. can you find a "spare" set on ebay to play with? or check with david and see what the cheapest you can get from him would be... and how are you likin' your km2's?

Quick Reply: dpf delete update