Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

True Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True Horsepower

Question ...

I'm a HUGE fan or westerns, but I don't know diddly about horses and stuff. Whenever I watch a western you always see the cowboys galloping off here and there. Is that how they really ride? The horses can run like that all of the time without getting tired?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:59 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Horseman, either way you're gonna be paying to keep the horses alive, so you may as well use them and save a few dollars on fuel. It'd be good for 'em anyhow. Hopefully someday I'll have enough land to get a few myself. Good lookin' horses too BTW.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
SpLaT
Captain

I can just see it... "riding my horse to town for case of beer and some grub... only to have some Al Gore type whacko chasing me down, cuz while I wuz inside the titty bar gettin me a pack of gum and my misses a new pair of undies,my horse did his business curbside and the tree huggers want me to destroy my horse cuase itsa palootin the in-virow ment...dang-it!"

Old 04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
jakebrake
Champion

I did the math on fuel cost the other day. 52 weeks a year. I work 4 days a week thats 208 days. 50 miles round trip so 10400 miles for the year. At 19.3 miles per gallon thats 539 gallons at the current price of 4.39 per gallon. So I am looking at $2365.60 spent per year to just drive back and forth to work. Then add licensing and insurance to that. Yeah I'd definatley say a horse is cheaper.

Quick Reply: True Horsepower