Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Going to go and have a look at this tomorrow ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:48 PM
roadking096
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going to go and have a look at this tomorrow ...

Bought my youngest one last fall and he loves it. 32mpg and tons of storage. I'm not a big fan of the front end, but it's a blast to drive. 1.5liter w/ 5 speed.Paid $11000 with 40K. Name:  DSCF1155.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  152.4 KB

Old 04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

oh man i had that model scion, i gave my buddy so much grief back in 2000 when they were developing those, told him theyre too ugly to be bought.... well about 2 years later they couldnt keep em on the lots when they released them first in cali.... i think from the side it looks like its a retard with a fat lip..
as for the motor, im not sure what motor they used for that... ill ask my buddy how theyve been holding up..
ugh edit, meant HATE not HAD... sorry, just didnt want anyone to think i owned that... mayfair if yet gonna go slant/slope/nip on us then look at a yaris, close to 40mpg....

Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Two words for you............... *****, Meowwwww

I ain't gonna talk to you any more if you buy that thing.

Grow some BALLZ and buy a BIKE!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:45 PM
RamItOne

mayfair dont let em give you any ****, but can you put this in your sig block once you buy it?

[IMG]local://upfiles/80693/B3B10740477A4376B864A96CB73F3B91.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

How 'bout, as soon as everyone starts pitching in on your fuel bill, THEN they can give you **** about it. Wouldn't be my FIRST choice, but if it's what I could afford...

Old 04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
mytowrig
Captain

buzzy: MAYFAIR HAS A BIKE! another option is the honda element. looks kinda like the scion but the utility on the inside is way better. my sister has one in florida. i'm not a fan, but i was impressed with the interior.

yes, the seats can fold up and out of the way to cover the windows for privacy and the interior has no carpet, its all rubber so it can be hosed out. both can be a bonus for those nights you don;t get shot down at the bars![sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif] not sure on the mpg's though...

Old 04-26-2008, 01:47 AM
mytowrig
Captain

mayfair, if you are really in it for the mileage/reliablilty combo, there are a lot of vw bugs and golfs and toyota corollas post 2000 model year that get over 30 mpg. that said, you know that there has never been a car or manufacturer that lives up 100% to its name. there is always the chance that you get the one that only gets 20mpg or the one that hits the shop 3 or 4 time per year. that would be one reason i would worry about getting another car just to offset fuel prices. you can NEVER be 100% certain... you don;t want to be kicking yourself a year from now pulling your hair out when you realize you would have been better off just keeping the bike and the ram...

Old 04-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Oh man, going from your Ram to that thing is like dumping Pamela Anderson for Rosie O'donnell.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:25 AM
mytowrig
Captain

ramman18... you guys keep getting confused!!!! he is not getting rid of the ram!! he just wants something he can commute in to get better mileage in ADDITION to the ram! PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! (all 'caps' used in good humor of course!)

Old 04-26-2008, 06:09 AM
rootercycles
Professional

my Cummins is my toy. I always wanted a big rig like the Dodge and won't give it up because of fuel costs. I'll just have to drive junk (like I have my whole life) for everyday driving. My wife has a Volkswagen Beetle Diesel and gets close to 50mpg. The kicker is you would think this thing had a V8 in it! The pickup is great and once the little turbo kicks in, it moves out fast! IF it wasn't so small inside, I would consider one. If they decide to make an AWD one, I just might...

Quick Reply: Going to go and have a look at this tomorrow ...