Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Going to go and have a look at this tomorrow ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:05 AM
ZmanTRX4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Going to go and have a look at this tomorrow ...

haha I think they look like a toaster. But definately good on gas. Average black book wholesale on the vehicle including the deduct for miles is 8,125. So i'd say if you get it for 8 you would be in good shape!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

ORIGINAL: mytowrig

ramman18... you guys keep getting confused!!!! he is not getting rid of the ram!! he just wants something he can commute in to get better mileage in ADDITION to the ram! PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! (all 'caps' used in good humor of course!)
Yeah, I know what he's trying to do. My point is this: anytime NOT spent driving the Ram is a major downgrade. Wouldn't everyone agree on that? And yes, I know not everyone can afford to use them daily anymore. I'm really glad I don't have a diesel now because it's up to 4.40 now. For me though, I just can't bring myself to drive anything else. The only car I would ever consider driving is a BMW M3. Anything else and I would have to wear a disguise while in it. Best of luck Mayfair!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:36 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Mayfair, that thing is BUTT ugly! I would rather walk than drive that. However beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Bottom line if you like it and it checks out ok with a mech, go for it. I would look at a vw jetta or the like if I were hunting fuel economy. Jut my $0.02 worth.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: Drew

I'm gunna go ahead and say this. . ..it looks like a freaking shoe
I'm with ya and will go a step further and say that it looks like shoe box.

To save fuel, I can understand making consestions where ever possible. I'm still considering a Yota Rav4 for my daughter later this year. ( I'll probably use it myself from time to time)

Old 04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Mayfair
Legend

LMAO !!! You guy's crack me up !!

I'm glad that not too many people like them. I think that's why they're kinda under valued. Me, I think they're BADD AZZ !! Chop it, put a body kit one it with some custom paint, and I'd be ROLLIN baby !!

I'm not looking to dump my Ram at all ... EVER ... I'd be picking this up solely as a daily driver. I'm trying to be realistic here, and I honestly think that in "Reality Land" diesel is just going to continue to go UP in price, and not down, and therefore since I can't get away from driving 400 miles a week, I'm going to need someting more economical to drive. I already have a bike .... TWO actually that I love to ride, however once again in Reality Land, I can't ride them in the rain, snow, ect, and besides that for my side jobs I need to carry stuff that I can't fit on a bike. I sounds like almost ALL of you already have something else to drive that gets better mileage and is less expensive to drive than your Rams and you're already driving them. I don't have that secondary car yet, so that's why I was looking for one.

I'm going to go look at it right now. Thanks Ram It for checking with your friend for me about the reliability thing. I really appreciate it. That's kinda what I was hopeing to hear.

Now, for you HATERS out there, check these out ...

YEAH YEAH YEAH ...

This one I think is BADD *** !!!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:35 PM
savage.basher

Chop it, and paint it all flatt black, with flat black 18's or 20's. 5 thknk it would be sweet, especially for the price.

Personally i am with a couple other people on here, and am looking for a tdi jetta for mileage.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:58 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

$8000 would buy a lot of fuel. I know most everyone wants to save money on fuel, but to me there isn't a justification if you spend $8000 to save $300/month in fuel. It would take a long time to make that back and break even. Now, find something for 1-2 grand, maybe. Are there other reasonsyour purchasing a daily driver other than fuel costs?

On another note, the TDI's are worth gold around these parts. I've been looking for a while just to see if I can find one and trade in my truck at the same time. I just found one today, 2000, 5 speed, 98k on the clock, $9999. And that's a little less than going rate around here too. My mom and dad sold their 02 last year with 90K on the clock for $13,500. Crazy what they are going for.

Good luck

Old 04-26-2008, 05:43 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

just my .02, go with a buick park ave or a pontiac bonneville, they're cheap, they have the 3800 and 440t4 tranny combo, it's not unusual to see them with north of 250k on the clock, they just run forever and get upwards of 28-30 mpg on the hi-way. You can pick either of them up in the 98-2000 year range with 120k on them for 2k in these parts.

I too personally think the scion is among the least attractive vehicles on the road, it ranks up there with the element, the pontiac aztec, and the pacer/gremlin. It looks like a brick. I'm still driving my Ram cuz it gets the best mileage of anything I own. (Tahoe is lucky to break 13, and my old trans am with a t/a400 and 400 tranny is lucky to get 10)

Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

This one I think is BADD *** !!!

Hell yeah! That reminds me of the old panel vans

Old 04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Oh dude. Don't waste your money of a *** Wagon. I can think of a better cooler way to spend 9 grand. 2 words, Harley and Davidson. You can get a brand new base model Sportster 883 for $6,695. Hell, a Sportster XL1200R starts at $8,895. The 883 is the cheapest Sportster, and the XL1200R is the most expensive. The 883 fuel mileage is 45 city and 60 highway. Think about what you are about to do. Now wouldnt you rather be seen on a Harley than a *** Wagon? Cheaper, brand new, and its a Harley.

Quick Reply: Going to go and have a look at this tomorrow ...