Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

firearms thread ..since we like to share

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fire arms thread ..since we like to share

Herb,

Which XD do you have?

Try the Tungsten guide rod. It's heavy as all hell and there is almost no muzzle flip at all. My 9mm Tactical barely even comes off target. The .40 Service is completely controllable.

I haven't tried in my .45, as it's bone stock except for the TrueGlo TFO's. That's gonna change real soon though.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

The not legal in California part is funny to me... because the magazine holds too many rounds. I thought California was part of the USA.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Nice pistol bro. Really nice. I am selling a Glock model 17 9 mil with 3 mags and a nylon holster for 350 if anyone is interested.

As for California. California is the reason for the DPF, and all emission problems in the US. That is where it all starts. Anyone here ever been to Los Angeles? .....And was able to breathe or see?

Old 05-06-2008, 01:34 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Bah now I have to go to the range[:@]. I've been looking at getting a 40cal for sometime now. Having a hard time deciding which I like best.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

here's a pic of mine when it was new. I've upgraded the holding tank to store more ammo, threw on a hair trigger, upgraded the pump to carbon fiber for quicker reload times and a laser sight. With the current set up, I can make little kids cry from about 50 yards. I'm known as the dark ninja at the family gatherings.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

for you XD guys, the manual mentioned 2 ways for target aquisition and sighting.

1: "point of aim" point visible at the top of the front sight.

2: "6 o clock" sight in at bottom position of target

if you guys want an illistration, I will scan the page in.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:22 PM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

Herb,

Which XD do you have?

Try the Tungsten guide rod. It's heavy as all hell and there is almost no muzzle flip at all. My 9mm Tactical barely even comes off target. The .40 Service is completely controllable.

I haven't tried in my .45, as it's bone stock except for the TrueGlo TFO's. That's gonna change real soon though.
I got the XD-40 serviceSS, with the stock spring and a hot load, no way you get a quick second shot, I seen they came out with the tungsten guide but haven't got one yet, but don's tamed mine down and I don't get to shoot as much as I use too.

You have to go to a indoor range nows days and I used to be just able to open the back door and try out a new gun, but they took all my trees for miles around.

And you use to have a bunch of places to shoot, it's just not the same shooting in doors, how are you going to get use to shooting with sweat running in your eyes, or rain for that matter.

Seabee's love to have you in the rain all week shooting and then on scoring day the sun comes out and throws your shooting off.

I want my over and under back,223 over 40mm grenade launcher under, AR-15/M203

Old 05-06-2008, 04:25 PM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

Nice gun! the only piston I have in my collection is a Taurus .40. It's not real expensive but shoots good and serves it's purpose of sitting in my nightstand next to my bed.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

The day I traded in my Glock 22 for my XD45 4" Compact was I day I'll never rue. Love this gun. And I sure as hell trust it to shoot when/where I need it too, should the need ever arise on duty.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
speakle
All Star

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

ORIGINAL: speakle

We are going to have to start an XD club here, here are mine, the sub-compact is my daily carry. They are both stock except I put trijicon tfo night sights on the sub. Typically carry in a fobus paddle hip holster.
I have a Fobus, but the paddle type still sticks out a bit farther than I'd like.

Now I have a Galco M7X Matrix (very minimal holster) or I use my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB.

Again, if you guys with XD's want to VASTLY improve the trigger feel on your XD's, let me know. I can get you either completely drop in parts or can fit parts for you.

My .40 Service has a total travel of less than3/8", 1/8" pretravel to clear the trigger safety, slight sear engagement, break, and about 1/8" over travel. It has a pull weight that averages 2lb 4oz - 2lb 9oz on a Lyman digital guage. The XD40SC is the same, except the weight, I have that up around 3.5 - 4 lbs for carry. The XD9 Tactical is a bit longer and not as light. I was shooting that in IPSC Production Division that has a 5lb trigger weight rule.

Here is where I generally get my XD parts from. Really great dude. SUPER fast shipping and great service. Can't say enough about him.
http://www.pistolgear.com/

Also, check out Scott Springer at Springer Precision. I've talked to him several times, another really great dude. http://www.springerprecision.com/

Others:
www.xdguys.com
www.gilbertsguns.com

Also, if you do wanna check out a good XD forum, check out www.xdtalk.com. I go by the same screen name over there.
I have seen these places, I have actually been a member at xdtalk for probably 2 years now, just havent been there in a year or so. I cant justify $80 for the trigger but the spring set I may give a go.The trijicon TFO's are one of the best investments I have made. I had a local shop put them on and the guy used a hammer and a punch, broke the glass killing the night time glow and marred the hell out of my slide. I brought it back and showed the owner and 2 weeks later I had my slide back from springfield all refinished along with a new set of sights. 2nd time I put them on myself. I love to go shooting but hate the typical indoor range, I like to actually shoot things, makes it much more fun.

Quick Reply: firearms thread ..since we like to share