Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

firearms thread ..since we like to share

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:39 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fire arms thread ..since we like to share

ORIGINAL: speakle

I have seen these places, I have actually been a member at xdtalk for probably 2 years now, just havent been there in a year or so. I cant justify $80 for the trigger but the spring set I may give a go.The trijicon TFO's are one of the best investments I have made. I had a local shop put them on and the guy used a hammer and a punch, broke the glass killing the night time glow and marred the hell out of my slide. I brought it back and showed the owner and 2 weeks later I had my slide back from springfield all refinished along with a new set of sights. 2nd time I put them on myself. I love to go shooting but hate the typical indoor range, I like to actually shoot things, makes it much more fun.
I wish I could let you try the triggers on mine. The spring kits alone don't hold a candle to the sear kit and trigger bar. It's absolutely night and day. It actually is as close to a full single action as you can get.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

in the Phoenix area, desert open range shooting has been pushed way out with the influx of california nuts, berries, and flakes (hehehe granola!! )

we have two outside ranges (east and west respectively)

http://www.riosaladosportsmans.com/

http://www.basfaz.com/

then many indoor ranges.

one place used to have its range under ground, the pressure wave of a high caliber rifle or hand gun would make your clothes flutter from shooting down 72" culverts under the street.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
mytowrig
Captain

cumminalong: how do you like your crossbreed? i've been looking at one for a concealed. is it bulki in the least? i have a hk p2000sk in .40. was also looking at 'belly band' types. what do you think? the problem with most 'concealable' holsters for me is the whole 5'7" and 140 lbs... not much room to hide anything. most everything is highly noticable and hardly concealable

Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: mytowrig

cumminalong: how do you like your crossbreed? i've been looking at one for a concealed. is it bulki in the least? i have a hk p2000sk in .40. was also looking at 'belly band' types. what do you think? the problem with most 'concealable' holsters for me is the whole 5'7" and 140 lbs... not much room to hide anything. most everything is highly noticable and hardly concealable
Love it. It ain't the sexiest looking IWB holster out there, but it works wonderful.

It looks a bit awkward but, it's actually very functional. The clips are far enough away from the actual holster what they don't make it bulky, they tuck in nicely. And they are spaced far enough apart to where the pistol doesn't shift around and tip, like the ones that have the clips close together.

I'm 5'10" and about 205 - 210, and I can were shorts and a T and hide it. The only time you'd even notice ANYTHING is if a strong wind is hitting you and printing the shirt against the pistol grip.

Seriously though, don't be so concerned with what everyone thinks is a HUGE print issue. You know who the only people are that even remotely notice......other people who carry. And other people who carry, don't freak out.

I'd rather have something "print" under my shirt than use my OWB and have the muzzle stick out accidentally.....then you can get nailed for brandishing.

I use my M7X if I'm "wearing" for concealment, which is most of the time, but if I want it covered up good or need to tuck in or am just walking the dogs in shorts, a T shirt and flip flops, I use the Crossbreed.

If you get one, spend the extra money and get the horsehide, the combat cut and the j-hooks. It's more moisture resistant, is easier to draw from and the j-hooks are almost invisible unless you are REALLY looking for them.

My wife doesn't even notice mine unless she tries to hug me.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

in the Phoenix area, desert open range shooting has been pushed way out with the influx of california nuts, berries, and flakes (hehehe granola!! )

then many indoor ranges.

one place used to have its range under ground, the pressure wave of a high caliber rifle or hand gun would make your clothes flutter from shooting down 72" culverts under the street.
Thats true, I have to drive a little more than 25 miles to go where I like to shoot. It is great place though, and I do believe we (Kevin and I) will be going there saturday. I got to teach the kid how to shoot

Old 05-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

this is cool

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

choose your stae and it colors the reciprocating states to your ccw.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

then many indoor ranges.

I usually go shooting out in Harquahala, california has moved in so much that tonapah is too crouded to shoot without the cops getting called. There is an outside shooting range back behing PIR a few miles. I don't know what it is called, I am not even sure if it is still open. I havent been out there for a good 9 years (YIKES!) where I stumbled upon it while hiking. Good thing it was not open at the time, I came over the backside of it.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I have yet to have any problems in tonopah 339th ave exit. But I do go in pretty far and shoot up against a mountainside/cliff type area as it says to in the Az law book.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

open invitation to anyone around here. join Yimmy and I this saturday for some target practice.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:30 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

desert, guns, trucks. what else is there in life?

Quick Reply: firearms thread ..since we like to share