Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

firearms thread ..since we like to share

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:33 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fire arms thread ..since we like to share

beer, hookers, and helicopters????

Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

good point Jake

Old 05-07-2008, 05:02 AM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

this is cool

http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

choose your stae and it colors the reciprocating states to your ccw.
This is out of date, Florida has been a shall issue state for 5 years now

Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 AM
mytowrig
Captain

this one is pretty bad ***: http://www.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php
after you click on your state, there is a trip planner button. click on your state, then whether or not your license is residential or non-residential. after that go to the bottom right of the page and there is a "Pack-n-go CCW trip planner". click on that and then click on all the states you plan to drive through or visit and it will tell you whether or not you can.

edit: i guess that trip planner is on the main page too, still on the bottom right.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:04 AM
cumminalong

Guys, these links are great for planning purposes, but please check with the actual states before you go through or carry in them.

Many states have different laws about what is "concealed" carry. In some places its carrying the weapon on you and in some places it could be having it in the glove box means it's "concealed". Hell, in some places, if you have it in a locked case that obstucts if from plain view, it's considered concealed.

Call the State Police or Atty Gen's office before rolling through.

Also, if you get pulled over, in most places you are legally obligated to inform the officer that you have a firearm in the vehicle. Jsut a suggestion, but before you spout off at the mouth that you have a gun, hand them your carry permit with your drivers license. This gives them a second or two to digest the info and ask you the question without it causing alarm.

Also, in some places that do not honor your permit, if you are going to a sanctioned shooting event and have the invitation, they allow you to travel in the state with your weapon, just not actually carried for defense.

If you REALLY wanna be able to carry "nearly" everywhere, take a look at Front Sight's carry course. It'll get you setup for carry in 30 states........$500 course though. ------>LINK <------

Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 AM
woligator
Record Breaker

there is a shooting range right in front of me to the other side of the street but some neigbords made petitions and for now its closed...its 60 years old but they still can make it close duh

Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 AM
handymanherb
Banned

Half the cops in Florida don't know the gun laws because they retire and move here and go to work and know what they did in the old state.

In Florida it is not the law that you have to tell a cop your carrying, you don't have to inform him or her at all, but seeing how cops shoot more people wrongly form being jumpy, keep your hands in sight as it does come up on their computer.

Cops with sense, know if you when through all the trouble of a background check and classes to get a CCW, you not going to be the ones to shoot them,as mater of fact it against the law for a CCW holder to shoot a cop,hmmmmmmmm I guess the other laws wasn't enough

Old 05-07-2008, 11:23 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: handymanherb

Half the cops in Florida don't know the gun laws because they retire and move here and go to work and know what they did in the old state.

In Florida it is not the law that you have to tell a cop your carrying, you don't have to inform him or her at all, but seeing how cops shoot more people wrongly form being jumpy, keep your hands in sight as it does come up on their computer.

Cops with sense, know if you when through all the trouble of a background check and classes to get a CCW, you not going to be the ones to shoot them,as mater of fact it against the law for a CCW holder to shoot a cop,hmmmmmmmm I guess the other laws wasn't enough
Damn, I thought getting my ccw would give me the right to bust a cap in a cops *** lol[8D][8D][8D]

Old 05-07-2008, 12:45 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Nice piece. cant wait to get it out in the desert. I need to get the 40 out of temporary retirement anyways. now we can see who is the better shot.
Any bets on this
Don't leave me out of this competition!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:51 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Thats true, I have to drive a little more than 25 miles to go where I like to shoot. It is great place though, and I do believe we (Kevin and I) will be going there saturday. I got to teach the kid how to shoot
I'm lucky, I just go to my back yard and shoot.

Quick Reply: firearms thread ..since we like to share