Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Drews Brew

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Aero Ram
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drews Brew

Don't worry bout the shiney dark black oil its perfectly normal, you can put in fresh rotella and drive around the block and it'll be turnin black on ya

Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Buford445
Professional

ORIGINAL: DBLR

ORIGINAL: Buford445

i want to do all the rearends & trnsfr case with amsoil also, a friend of mine (that use to be dodge mech.) said to wait on the amsoil in the trany
Did he say why to wait on the Amsoil ATF in the trans? I put Amsoil in mine when I did my first serviced it at 10K. So far with Amsoil and Mopar fluid mixed I've not had any problems from it in the past 14K that the 2 fluid have been mixed.
Just so the dealer cant have any reason to deny your warrenty

Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Just so the dealer cant have any reason to deny your warrenty
FYI, I had my local dealer install the Amsoil ATF when they serviced my trans so I know it will not void the warranty. BTW Amsoil if a full synthetic trans fluid and Dodge/Mopar brand is not a group IV synthetic fluid like Amsoil. Mopar brand ATF its made from group III dino oil base stock. Group III base stock is not man a made synthetic like group IV and V are even though some Judge said it could be called synthetic as he thought the word synthetic was just a marketing term. If your dealership tells you Amsoil ATF will void your warranty get them to put it in writing on there letter head and then send a copy to Amsoil, there lawyers will take care of stupid dealership people for ya.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:04 AM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Started using Da Brew today, with new truck doint how its been taken care of ,so i changed oil,oil filter, fuel filter , and air filter,soI wanted to start with brew .
when i changed the oil it was black, and so was the fuel filter, is this normal ?
Before getting to attached to the "Drew's Brew" I would take a look at the HFRR testing done on MMO and PS... It tends to cause more wear to your fuel system...

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-d.../hfrr/hfrr.htm

Take notice to the products that failed...

Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
amock
Professional

Thats interesting moparman, so can I still run my supertech 2 stroke and not worry about putting an additive with it.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM
mopar1973man
Veteran

Let me give you a feel for it...

My trip to Boise, ID fuel mixed solely with 2 cycle oil 128:1 ratio... (All pics in link)
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ge%20II/Boise/

My trip to Postfalls, ID fuel mixed solely with 2 cycle oil at 128:1 ratio again (All pics in link)
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...0II/Postfalls/

Why bother with PS, MMO or other additives... I've not touch a single anti-gel, injector cleaner and/or cetane booster in over 2 years now and 39K miles later...

Prove speaks for itself... [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 PM
speakle
All Star

I used to put a half qt of MMO in my oil at every oil change in my old silverado (5.7l), she is still running strong at 195,000 (bought her at 34,000, sold to my dad at around 185,000), doesnt burn oil, runs like she did when I drove her off the lot. After reading these numbers (which I read a while ago) I cant get myself to put it in my fuel tank.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Hilbili

1st-- With the new low sulfer diesel, I think it's a must to run some type of lubricant to your tank. The new fuel will not keep your pumps and injectors lubricated. The shops are full of diesels that have fried their components with this new fuel. Our older trucks are not designed for this fuel.

2nd--Drew, if you are out there????? I am a member of several forums and have been preaching your brew and running it religiously for the last two years. I got some info from another site that recommends I through it in the trash. Here is the link http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177728 Please look at this and tell me if you agree. Basically they did a study and found the MMM is crap and the PS isnt much better. Water dispersment is bad mouthed and etc....

What do you think??

Old 05-10-2008, 06:02 PM
mopar1973man
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Hilbili

1st-- With the new low sulfer diesel, I think it's a must to run some type of lubricant to your tank. The new fuel will not keep your pumps and injectors lubricated. The shops are full of diesels that have fried their components with this new fuel. Our older trucks are not designed for this fuel.

2nd--Drew, if you are out there????? I am a member of several forums and have been preaching your brew and running it religiously for the last two years. I got some info from another site that recommends I through it in the trash. Here is the link http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177728 Please look at this and tell me if you agree. Basically they did a study and found the MMM is crap and the PS isnt much better. Water dispersment is bad mouthed and etc....

What do you think??
Same information listed here too..
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-d.../hfrr/hfrr.htm

Main 2 cycle oil page...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-d...-cycle-oil.htm

Old 05-10-2008, 06:44 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I've been using the Wal-Mart 2-cycle oil in mine for about 2 months now, 1 oz per gallon, and up until about 2 weeks ago (when I put the Edge in) I was getting a noticeable gain in milage, a quieter engine, and better response. Engine is still pretty quiet (considering) but my right foot is getting in the way of milage. Oh well. Only live once....

Quick Reply: Drews Brew