Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need help about Dodge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:55 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help about Dodge!!!

you can convert megas to longbeds, I've put up a few pics of a mega lb.
Yer gonna lose your *** on a trade in with that ferd.

If you buy fords real truck line, you can get a cummins or a cat engine, but your stuck strokin with the non commercial super duties.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:08 AM
VaDimZH

Ok,what price make Mega Cab Short Bed to Long Bed?I know, put Cummins into Ford cost about $10.000

Old 05-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Bigriver

Prior to owning my Dodge, I was a chevy gasser. My need for a diesel came about , so I looked at all three brands. Long story short, I didn't like chevy's engine, wheels or exposed frame. I didn't like ford's poor handling, vibration, noise, problematic engines and above all cost. When I saw the Mega cab, coupled with the reknown reliability of the Cummins engine, that did it for me. Besides that, Dodge gave me 10k off the sticker price, while ford thought that they was doing me a favor with about 3k off. I can live with the short bed, I want the comfort and room INSIDE the truck, not in the bed.

Good luck with your dicision. Sometimes it's better to cut your loses and don't look back.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:39 AM
bigoilwhore

once you go dodge you will never go back. i've had 2fords, 2chevys, a toyota, and a subaru. there is no comparison. i have had 3 dodges a dakota (most power in a small truck i have ever driven stock), a 1500, and the ctd 3500 i have now.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 PM
VaDimZH

OK,guys,thanks everyone for help,I tnink o lot obout my quastion,and....I still with my FORD,I check many sites,and found that the best truck is - FORD!Best frame,chassis,interior,and the best looks truck!Yes,Cummins is very nice engine,but my 6.0L is not a very bad engine.I like my truck!!!Thanks again everyone for help!Good luck!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
reed
Veteran

We are happy that you like your Ford, now GET OUT!!!!

Just kidding
ORIGINAL: BuiltTough

OK,guys,thanks everyone for help,I tnink o lot obout my quastion,and....I still with my FORD,I check many sites,and found that the best truck is - FORD!Best frame,chassis,interior,and the best looks truck!Yes,Cummins is very nice engine,but my 6.0L is not a very bad engine.I like my truck!!!Thanks again everyone for help!Good luck!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:42 PM
savage.basher

Even though built tough is probably never gonna read this, I still have to say it. When I bought my dodge I was a complete diesel virgin rookie, and soley bought my truck for the "truck" and not the engine. I knew I wanted a2500 so I might as well get a disel too(and thought that cummins was good), but more importantly I wanted the dodge. After test driving all the other brands, dodge was by far the greatest in my opinion.

I guess I kinda lucked out on getting the best engine available .

Old 05-14-2008, 12:19 AM
agargano98
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BuiltTough

[sm=boosign.gif][sm=badidea.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=sign14.gif][sm=redxX.gif]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:17 AM
bigoilwhore

Some people will always be left in the SMOKE

[IMG]local://upfiles/89287/101B8BC4AD7E437E88709479828D45F9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/89287/48E7BB468099435280B57AF4FE4CE082.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:26 AM
VaDimZH

You all be just brand loyal!!!And all of you more like just Cummins.It's will be so interesting,if Cummins install their engine in Ford F250-350 series.Guys,Dodge is GOOD truck,and have good stile,but Ford is better overall.And,yes,Dodge have a very,very nice engine - Cummins!

Quick Reply: Need help about Dodge!!!