Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need help about Dodge!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
VaDimZH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help about Dodge!!!

Hi,guys!I know this is a Dodge site,but I post here,because all of you know better a Dodge Truck,ride,quality......I have 06 Ford F350,6.0L,Crew Cab,Long Bed,27k.Owerall truck is great,I like everything,especially how it looks.BUT!!!I like so much a CUMMINS,I know this is a great engine,but as I hear,so many people have not good respond about Dodge truck,not Cummins.For example,Ford have best truck,and not so bed engine,I mean front/rear axle,suspension....and so many thing.Dodge have a very nice engine,Cummins!Please,tell me a more about Dodge truck,is it really bad,is true that so many people buy a Dodge,because they have a Cummins?If Dodge is really better than Ford,I will think about this,and trade my Ford and grab new Dodge.Thanks a lot,guys,and thanks for replay!

Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Matt99
Champion
Default RE: Need help about Dodge!!!

Well man, its louder on the inside and a little stiffer ride, but then you have the lifetime warranty now so you dont have to worry about it breaking. It actually drives better than my old ford (04 4dr F150) in body roll and turning radius, etc...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 PM
VaDimZH

Thanks,man!And,what are You mean about " life time wrranty.."?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:07 PM
VaDimZH

How about quality,and if Dodge is so nice truck,why Ford have the best selling F- series truck over 30 years?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Matt99
Champion

im not sure about the 3500 but my 1500 has a lifetime powertrain warranty

Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my Rams because like you, I think they look better than the other trucks (everyone has varing opinions). Then add in the more powerful engines, made Dodge an easy pick for me.

If you are worried about ride quality I would say do not buy a truck, however in 09 the Ram shoud have the best of all the 1500 series trucks in terms of ride quality.

Incidently I had a Ford that I traded for the Hemi Ram. All be it a Ranger. Bought it new, was a fully loaded FX4 Level II and by 15K miles it was a rattle box. That combined with MANY TSBs that they continue to carry over year to year has made up my mind to not buy any new Fords anytime soon.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:57 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 09 ram rides like a dream...

Old 05-07-2008, 10:02 PM
VaDimZH

No man,I like only truck,and need truck for my family and for my work.Indeed Ford is bad?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

Never owned a Ford truck...just classic Mustangs. You will not be disappointed with a Dodge truck. I think everyone on this forum can vouch for that. I've had no issues with my '04...ride or performance-wise.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuiltTough

No man,I like only truck,and need truck for my family and for my work.Indeed Ford is bad?
Is Ford bad?

Here is the list of TSBs my 03 Ranger had.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-2003/d-RANGER

Here is a list my 99 had. My issue is, beyond the fact there are WAY to many is some of them are the same! If Ford cared about their customers they would have fixed the issues so TSBs were not needed year and year for the same issues.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-1999/d-RANGER

What really broke the camels back is the drive shaft issue. Had it on both trucks. My 99 was out of warranty when it happened. They said to fix it they had to install a completely different drive shaft setup, $500.

At 10kon my 03 the same thing happened. This time I have warranty, but this time they said they can fix it withnew grease. That did it for me. I fought with Ford for a few months, steamed that
a. The issue still occurs 4 years later
b. That the first time I had to pay $500 to fix it, the next time when it is their bill they want to use grease.

Quick Reply: Need help about Dodge!!!