Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Stupid Stealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Stealership

So I am 130 miles from the house at 4:30 this morning at the state farmers market loaded down to the freakin gills and I get back in the ole truck and hit the switch and all I get is a click [:@]. Do it again and she starts. So Im thinking the worse (must be the starter or maybe the neutral safety switch) with only11k on the clicker all Im thinking is make it home and go to the stealer for a diagnosis, yea right. After 2 or 3 hard starts I made it home. Checked the easy stuff and guess what, the freakin battery cables are ready to fall off. The $#@& tech that did the reflash a few weeks back did not bother to tighten the cables after the flash. So if any of you fellers go in for a reflash, makefor DANG sure they tighten the battery cables up.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM
agargano98
Veteran
Default RE: Stupid Stealership

[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don. . .it also helps if you pop the hood from time to time

Old 05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why he would have to un-hook the battery cables to do a flash...He is supposed to hook up a battery charger to do the flash....Makes you say hummm...

Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

His truck was a '06 left over that was purchased recently. I bet they had to replace the batts or disconnected them at some point to keep them from running down. Gotta love todays work ethic.

My tech left a whole set of torqx bits on top of my air filter lid after replacing my fuel line and FCA. Those tools rode right there on the lid for about 40 miles. When I popped the hood that night and found them I put them in the truck and the next day I went to see him. He looked like a sheep when I said "can I interest you in some torqx bits?" Honest mistake, no harm done, and he thanked me for returning his tools, which he was looking for intensly as I pulled up. Sound familiar Dave???? [8D]

Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
12valveman
Professional

well i can say that when doing a reflash, there is no reason what so ever to unhook the cables. only thing like parts man said is that the charger has to be hooked up to keep the battery voltage constant to prevent pcm damage. so i can not tell you why they would have had them unhooked. on more current models have had loose cables causing the pcm dtc2509 for intermittent condition which should have been set on your truck also. and like Drew said does help to pop the hood and check things out from time to time checking everthing so take it easy on the dealer unless they said they unhooked the cables....

Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 PM
ZmanTRX4
Professional

I bought my truck used with 17k on the clock from a dodge dealership and only a few days after buying it my truck was acting up and all my guages would quit working in my truck and it would act like it was going to die. I was so frusterated cuz I paid a lot for the truck and right before I took it back to the stealer I noticed the possitive lead was barly even on the battery. It was hitting and my truck was getting full power, then coming loose and I was loosing the use of everything electrical in my truck. To this day I have no clue why it wasn't tight, maybe my diesel motor was trying to throw the battery right out of the truck

Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

His truck was a '06 left over that was purchased recently. I bet they had to replace the batts or disconnected them at some point to keep them from running down. Gotta love todays work ethic.

My tech left a whole set of torqx bits on top of my air filter lid after replacing my fuel line and FCA. Those tools rode right there on the lid for about 40 miles. When I popped the hood that night and found them I put them in the truck and the next day I went to see him. He looked like a sheep when I said "can I interest you in some torqx bits?" Honest mistake, no harm done, and he thanked me for returning his tools, which he was looking for intensly as I pulled up. Sound familiar Dave???? [8D]
Nick, that does sound familiar. LOL... I finally got my flashlight back... People do make mistakes...

Quick Reply: Stupid Stealership