Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: Bow Hunting

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:25 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OT: Bow Hunting

I'm not a fan of bow hunting as so many bow hunters are not skilled enough or dont know their limitations and wind up wounding it and itll run off and die a day later, also even when you have a good kill shot it still usually takes a bit for it to die.
And the number one reason, pussies use stands/blinds, hunters stalk.

I've target shot compound bows since I was 11 but won't bowhunt, I'll stick with my .308, 12G over under and .40 pistol.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I pretty much stopped bow hunting about ten years or so ago. I started with Whitetail II about twenty some years ago when I was about 16 and graduated to a PSE when I got into target shooting in the mid '90s. Sold the PSE in '04 due to lack of use and just gave the Whitetail II to my little cousin who was interested in taking up bow hunting about two years ago. Only bow hunted maybe six or seven times and only have killed two deer with a bow. I always have done most of my damage with my TC Hawken or my trusty Ruger 30-06.

Always wanted to kill a hog with a bow, but never did. Although I've killed many a hog with the Hawken and a Ruger Mini-30 though...

Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 AM
jakebrake
Champion

ORIGINAL: Drew

why would you hunt bow's. . .theres not alot of meat on them and are rather boney and stringy[8D]

/had to be the first with a smart *** answer
//rather use repeating weapons
///slashies are my friend

Smart *** or drunk ***?[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 06-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got plenty of beer in my basement fridge, no liquid courage running through my vains during that post.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:29 PM
blownsoot

I use carbon hunter arrows and three blade fixed broad heads, 40 to 50 yard shots are the norm here mechanicals aren't reliable enough at that range for my taste, no blinds or tree stands all spot and stalk.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:51 PM
agargano98
Veteran

hoyt compound bow, copper john dead nuts sights, 4" overdraw rest, beamen ics carbon shafts, cabelas ultimate steel 3 blade fixed broadhead, trigger release

Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: woligator

303 semi-auto or my remington 870 pump 28'cannon fit the bill

string arent my friends
Amen. Smith-Corona M3A3 30.06, Winchester Model 70. (thanks grandpa.) Glock model 17 9 mil. And of coarse the Daisy BB Gun, sawed off to shoot rock salt close range. Lol, high school was fun.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:18 AM
KenZ
Veteran

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

ORIGINAL: KenZ

Haven't bow hunted in a few years as they clearcutted my hunting area and my huntin' partner moved to Houston. But my 3D/hunting bow is a Rytera Bullet X with cavalier rest and Toxonics micro adjust sight. I use a fletcher concho release, have for 25 years and 2213 aluminum arrows. Don't shoot it very much tho. For 4 months in the winter I shoot indoor leagues with a Martin Scepter lll nitrous-x shoot-thru (polished aluminum), golden key premier micro adjust rest, Sure loc 3 axis micro sight with 6 power scope, Posen stabilizers with v-bars, and 3L-18 ACC arrows. Its not weather I can hit the target at 30yds. but which dime size spot you want me to hit. But from April to December the one that gets the most use in my Bob Lee Signature takedown recurve or Lone Wolf Kayopo recurve. Have not mastered the recurve yet, but is alot more fun than a compound. And yes, I shoot wood thru the recurves.
[sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

We bow to thee, O god of the Golden Shaft......

Haven't shot a bow in years, actually it's been.........2 decades......so I can't help ya.
I've also spent many a year roaming the same woods as Fred Bear, in fact getting ready for the traditional archery meet (michigan traditional bowhunters) the end of June in Grayling Mi. Just walking distance from the old factory.
A stick and a string....a beautiful thing

Quick Reply: OT: Bow Hunting