Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

diesel prices dropping?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: diesel prices dropping?!

$5 a gallon for diesel here in the Phoenix area. it comes from L.A. too

oh well. it costs me $15 to top off my baja

Old 06-09-2008, 09:02 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

Real nice *******.
Well being someone happens to think I'm one and I don't want to ruin my new reputation just yet by being nice, I'll add this. The talking heads are now saying that with gas at $4.00, that price is equal to $80-$90.00 a barrel for oil, ya right! They then go on to say when fuel prices do catch up with crude oil at $138.00 (I guess that is why prices still went up when oil dropped last week a.k.a. the excuse we now want you to believe) gas will be at least $5.50 and it will be at that price by summers end. I guess that means diesel will be in the $6.50 to $7.00 by summers end too..

Old 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: DBLR

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

Real nice *******.
Well being someone happens to think I'm one and I don't want to ruin my new reputation just yet by being nice, I'll add this. The talking heads are now saying that with gas at $4.00, that price is equal to $80-$90.00 a barrel for oil, ya right! They then go on to say when fuel prices do catch up with crude oil at $138.00 (I guess that is why prices still went up when oil dropped last week a.k.a. the excuse we now want you to believe) gas will be at least $5.50 and it will be at that price by summers end. I guess that means diesel will be in the $6.50 to $7.00 by summers end too..
I've read one report from an global petroleum analysis group that within 4 years fuel could not only be in the $12.00 to $15.00 per gallon range, but rationing supplies as well.
This current price of $5.00 per gallon will be looked at as the "Good Ole Days".

That's just one report but this is from a corperation that predicted events in the 70's thru the 90's.
I've also read that this current price per barrel is over inflated due to speculation, and will likely burst. Something simular to gold hitting over $800.00 per ounce during the 80's, but soon dropped.

Unfortuneately, I've read more bads news than good. Guess time will tell.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Once we have alternative fuel cars on thge road, you'll see the ols 1.00 per gallon a gain, although nobody will want it by then

Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Bigriver

Just think about how much of the fuel America consumes, goes directly towards automobiles.
If those same autos were fueled by another sorce, such as electric or hydrogen fuel cell, yes, I would have to think that overall fuel values drastically would come down.
Unfortuneately, that day is still a long way off.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

talking fuel, have you seen the new Mobile commercial pushing for new technologies that allow us to DRILL for more oil??

I understood the government to have said there is NO more oil to be had?!??!!?!?

so why does Mobile?Exxon want to drill in obscure places for it??? [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

There is oil everywhere. Russia is finding tons in Siberia. We have reserves off florida and CA but stupid EPA won't let them drill for it. Frickin China is buying oil rights in the gulf of mexico just miles off Florida. Oil has also been discovered in Antarctica. And then there's ANWR. . .

Quick Reply: diesel prices dropping?!