Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:46 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitor

I just got screwed by the trailer manufactorer on this one. They used cheap tires to save a buck. Tires aren't covered under warranty and neither is damaged caused by tires. The warranty department was very rude and even hung up on me when I called to try and get it covered under warranty. My tires are not in the list on that web site.

The manufactorer knew the tires were bad. They just decided to let them ride and did not notify anyone. Since these tires are on horse trailers, the liability is almost zero in case of a blow out, unlike a passenger vehicle that relies on the tires for saftey. Believe me I searched long and hard to try and find out some way to get the manufactorer to eat the cost of the tires. The government won't even excpet complaints about trailer tires, just passenger vehicle tires.

The tires were imported by a tire manufactorer in Winchester, TN.which has since gone bankrupt. Since the tires were made in china and put on the trailer by a trailer manufactorer in Oklahoma and sold by a dealer in North Carolina to a person that lives in TN, my lawyer said to give it up. It would cost more money in attourney fees just to get the ball rolling on a lawsuit across 3 states.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Here is the original post with pics of the first tread separation.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_981463/tm.htm

Old 06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I remember that thread.

More importantly, I'm REALLY impressed that you were able to get a 12+ line post to.... well .... POST

Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

More importantly, I'm REALLY impressed that you were able to get a 12+ line post to.... well .... POST
It took several tries.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Just saw the tire. you got plenty of tread on that mug. Just checked my tires on my trailer. Tow Max. Gonna do some research on em real quick.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor