Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

FASS sounds louder than usual??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Erock509
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FASS sounds louder than usual??

A couple weeks ago I installed the FASS 150/150 and it turned out great. Bout two days ago me and some buddies were messin around and I did about 4-5 passes down a long street, no launch just mashing the pedal. From that point on I began to notice a high pitch vibration/humming noise from inside the truck. The noise is coming from the fass but i can now hear it inside the cab. Not quite sure whats going on. also when I reprogrammed the smarty, during the download it turns the pump on and off and it didnt sound right, almost like there was air present. Any ideas?

Old 06-25-2008, 06:04 PM
firemansdodge
Professional
Default RE: FASS sounds louder than usual??

The vibration/huming noise is usually normal for the FASS units. If it makes a high pitch whining noise coming from the pump. Then it's usally an air leak around the fittings.

As for changing the Smarty programs. It is recommended to disconnect the fuse or tap wire w/ the FASS while you down load the Smarty programs (bad for the pump). This also comes from Bob Wagner and FASS.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Erock509
Veteran
Default RE: FASS sounds louder than usual??

Thought I'd never get a reply, ha, Thanks. I don't think there is any air leaks, just didnt sound right. I'll check all the fittings just to be sure. And one of my buddies who owns a diesel shop installed the fass, so where exactly do you think the fuse or tap wire is located so I can disconnect on the next smarty change.

Quick Reply: FASS sounds louder than usual??