Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Electronic Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 PM
D's Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Problems

Hi everyone, new to this forum but have found a lot of very good info on here, good job. have an 05 ram with an electrical issue. The blower controls are out of wack, hot is cold, the switch to blow towards the feet or defrost or towards you does what it wants not what you want, and the ac and heated mirror buttons are constantly flashing. Had it diagnosed and was told it needs a new ac head unit for $230 plus the $99 fee, anyone know anything about this, like the price of the part and if it would be hard to do on my own?maybe parts/service could chime in and give his 2 cents. Thanks for all the great info and keep up the good work.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
D's Ram

No need for anyone to look into this, I did some more research and answered my own questions, thanks anyways.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Hope it all is OK now.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:23 PM
D's Ram

no worries, I went the cheap route and bought a used head unit off ebay from a salvaged vehicle for $25, comes with a 6 month warranty, if that doesn't fix it then not really a big loss.

Quick Reply: Electronic Problems