Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Newer Cummins Spool up and Power Brake

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Bass Hunter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Torgue management limits the torque until the truck is rolling. When the BD gives you the option of low end power it is turning off the torque management.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:31 AM
ak_obrien

Originally Posted by Bass Hunter
Torgue management limits the torque until the truck is rolling. When the BD gives you the option of low end power it is turning off the torque management.
yeah... added low end power
still no power brake
but the boost in power is amazing, just tapping the pedal sends my head back. but i think its too much cuz my transmission doesn't know how to handle it, and i don't think my torque converter will lock. but anyways my buddy just told me to disconnect the rear brakes and try that. but i'm not sure. is there any other way to take off the so-called torque management.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Bass Hunter
Veteran

Chances are you are just slipping the heck out of the stock torque converter. They dont lock up until you are in 3rd gear. With what you are trying to do it sounds like its time for some tranny upgrades to me. Torque converter, valve body, and transmission controller is a good place to start. If your really going to beat the snot out of it just go for a full billet trans. Even if you dont want a new trans with what you are trying to do you will be getting one soon.

Quick Reply: Newer Cummins Spool up and Power Brake