Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007.5 6.7l issues...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:33 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP, the truck needs to run for 45 minutes at highway speeds periodically to regenerate the diesel particulate filter (DPF). This troubles with this engine seem to all stem from the emissions system. Driving the truck short distances under light or no load conditions is detrimental to the health of the truck. You don't have to beat the truck up, but you do need to run it a little harder. Tell your dealer to make sure you are up to date on all the latest emissions "fixes" then, when you get on the interstate drop down a gear or two and let the engine rev for an extended drive and you will be a bunch happier.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM
hunter2070

i had a similiar problem. where i work they have diesel tanks so thats where i fill up my 08' 6.7 at. saying that to say this the tanks are just "Low Sulphur" instead of "Ultra Low Sulphur" which is recommended. after a few weeks i had to take my EGR off and clean it because it was beginning to stick open and closed due to all the build up.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 PM
JM1517

I purchased a 2007.5 4x4 with the 6.7 in Sept 07 and got rid of it April 09. During that time I experienced the common problems you hear about from other owners, and I tried all the recommendations from "driving like you just stole it" to keeping the EB on all the time. Having the turbo replaced for the 3rd time in 24k miles was my breaking point. Fortunately, I was able to get Chrysler to agree to a MSRP swap and was able to replace it with a 09 ram 1500 since I no longer needed a diesel.

My advice is to keep documentation on everything and be familiar with your State's lemon law. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: 2007.5 6.7l issues...need advice