Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Time for Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:35 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grr287
i think im going to go with the dura grapplers due to the fact that i tow all the time.
You can't go wrong with the dural graplers, I bought a set for my 06 2500 Ram and Thier the best tires I have ever owned.. The dural grapler is not a off road tire, but they have better off road traction than the stock BFG R/T TA, I have yet to get stuck off road in the rain ( I'm not talking mud bogs, just off road trails )

I kept the stock tire size and thier quiet on the highway, ride and handeling is dam fine..
Pics posted in my garage.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Grr287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone429
You can't go wrong with the dural graplers, I bought a set for my 06 2500 Ram and Thier the best tires I have ever owned.. The dural grapler is not a off road tire, but they have better off road traction than the stock BFG R/T TA, I have yet to get stuck off road in the rain ( I'm not talking mud bogs, just off road trails )

I kept the stock tire size and thier quiet on the highway, ride and handeling is dam fine..
Pics posted in my garage.
i went to your garage, but there were no pics.

i def. want to go bigger than what i have now, which are 265/70/17

Old 09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Grr287
Captain

Originally Posted by High_On_Diesel
I was able to put 35x12.50's on mine stock and had no problem at all. I ended up puttin a kore kit on it to level'er out.
how do u like the Kore kit? i was thinking about getting one so that i don't have to jack the trailer's a mile in the air to hook up.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Hemi6677

Have a couple thousand miles on my Nitto Dura Grapplers and absolutely love them. Ride great and super quiet. Been through some slop with them and with the truck in 4-wheel drive had no issues.

Went with 285x75x17 and they look great and no rubbing at all.
Name:  SideView.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  80.9 KB
Name:  Fronttoback.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  86.2 KB

These things are going to last me forever I think. Running my pressures at 60psi front and 55psi rear and they are wearing great. (Bump the pressures up for towing or hauling obviously).

Old 10-01-2009, 04:21 PM
High_On_Diesel
Professional
Cool

Originally Posted by Grr287
how do u like the Kore kit? i was thinking about getting one so that i don't have to jack the trailer's a mile in the air to hook up.
I love it! Gives it a good look and improved the ride. I always noticed that when I backed out of my driveway that the front end always seemed like it 'bottomed' out. When I put the Kore kit on it, immediate improvement in ride and handling. Also rides a helluva lot better offroad also. I would say it would be wise to invest in one.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:16 AM
utah_biker
Default about to buy tires also

Pizzo - Did you get new tires yet and if so what did you settle on?

Hemi6677 - The Nittos look good. Thanks for the post. Did you notice any difference in fuel consumption?

Thanks guys...

Old 10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by utah_biker
Pizzo - Did you get new tires yet and if so what did you settle on?

Hemi6677 - The Nittos look good. Thanks for the post. Did you notice any difference in fuel consumption?

Thanks guys...
I didn't buy anything yet, on the broke side of town. my buddy gave me some that will fit that will make it through the winter. but that's about it. I went shopping around and the best price i found was at NTB $156 for just the tire. Sam's club was the highest with $202 just the tire. that was a michelin I think I just laughed and walked away. my buddy had a used set i just tossed them on till I'm back to work.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Grr287
Captain

i've had my dura grapplers on for about 4k miles now. they are awesome. i have alot more trouble breaking them loose now lol. but they are wearing great. some dumbass ran right into my front fender and front driver side tire. the rim got dinged up, but the tire is fine. i am going to try to have insurance replace the tire and everything anyways just to be safe. the idiot went the wrong way through a clearly marked parking lot and hit me at the blind side corner of the building. his daughter's excuse..."i'm sorry, we're from out of town and my dad gets kinda spazzy when he has his coffee". welp, hope he enjoys that cup of coffee, bc it's going to be an expensive one.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 PM
pizzo
All Star

I am just going to roll the ones that he gave me. once things start looking better and get back to work then its on new tires and power adders

Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
pizzo
All Star

I broke down and bought a new set I just grabbed generals that's it nothing special. other then being new

Quick Reply: Time for Tires