Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Ram diesel Engine/Cabin heater

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:54 PM
lesimon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram diesel Engine/Cabin heater

I was hoping that someone has installed and used the mopar engine/cabin heater and might be able to give me feedback on how it worked for $1400. I am looking at -40 to -50 below weather and I am trying to get my truck ready for it. I will be purchasing electric battery blankets cold front end cover to start as well as lots of fuel antigelling power service white bottles. I would appreciate any feedback on how to prepare my truck for the cold weather.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:34 AM
buckskin

Does your truck have a block heater. I live where temps get well below zero as low as -40 or less sometimes. I park my truck inside, plug in the block heater, use power service and a radiator cover. I have had no problems with starting, gelling or low engine temps. Save your 1400.00.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
hay is for horses
Default cold weather

there was acold weather reflash for these trucks. I forget the TSB # that covered it. Anyways it was basically increase the idle rpm a few seconds after the engine stated to help with engine warm up apperantly there were issues with normal idle not wrming up the engine then only running the engine a short time then shutting it down and the valve pushrods sticking and bending from carbon and what not. I live in the cold weather area as well only I use the windshield scraper to wege on pedal and seat to adjust the rpm . Cheaper and just as effective.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:51 AM
cardude
Amateur

i have this installed, did the install myself, okay when you have a lift, here in denmark europe and somtimes on my ski-vacations, i have had the truck (2500hd 2005 , 5.9) in around -4 degrees farenheit, and the cabin heater worked fine, a little smal though for the engine, it takes around 1 hour to heat up the engine and cabin (engine around 160-170 farehenheit) but it works,

and it only works on more than a half tank of fuel, when the tank is les than half full it cant suc the fuel to the heater.

works very well actually, radiator blanket shortens the heating time a little bit

Quick Reply: Ram diesel Engine/Cabin heater