Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

levelling kit 02

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
diesel04
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default levelling kit 02

hey guys, just looking into putitng new shocks and a levelling kit in my 02 qc sb, wondering the best out there, been looking on this site Top gun customs, and thinking of going with BILSTEIN 5100 series shocks with the 2'' spacer. would i be better to go with the sohocks and put in new coils also. any other suggestions, want a nice smooth ride for my truck, hopin to get it with these shocks

Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by diesel04
hey guys, just looking into putitng new shocks and a levelling kit in my 02 qc sb, wondering the best out there, been looking on this site Top gun customs, and thinking of going with BILSTEIN 5100 series shocks with the 2'' spacer. would i be better to go with the sohocks and put in new coils also. any other suggestions, want a nice smooth ride for my truck, hopin to get it with these shocks
I would like to get a level kit for my truck. Although I have know idea what to get. A friend has one on a 99 and its a ruff ride. he may need new shocks. If your going to buy one check out our Vendor section they may be able to help.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
sanford35_5.9
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've installed a few kits. Overall I like the Rancho kit, it is real easy to install and you can buy it with or with out shocks, so if you wanted to go with the Bilsteins you can.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 PM
fastc4

I have the Rancho kit, has held up well, ez to install. The front has dipped a bit over the last few years and I'm saving up for a Core Racing HD Leveling Kit. Theirs comes with Bilstein shocks and a new spring (no spacer). they make 2 versions, one for stock bumpers and a heavier spring for heavy aftermarket bumpers.

I have 35x12.5x18 toyo mt's. they only hit slightly when making a u very sharp turn.

Good luck!

Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Coal Train
All Star

There's two ways you can really go about it.

You can do the spacers, which for the most part is fine. They are available in polyurethane spacers or steel.

Or, you can do the spring replacements.

Either way, once you do 2" of lift or drop, you need to replace the shocks.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
diesel04
Amateur

wondering what kind of ride ai can expect with the bilsteins. i want a nice smooth ride for this truck.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Grr287
Captain

not trying to hijack your thread, but i am also interested in getting a leveling kit for my '05. does anyone have any before and after pics of a leveling kit installed on their CTD? does it lift the entire truck, or just level things out? sorry if that is a dumb question.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
pizzo
All Star

Originally Posted by Grr287
not trying to hijack your thread, but i am also interested in getting a leveling kit for my '05. does anyone have any before and after pics of a leveling kit installed on their CTD? does it lift the entire truck, or just level things out? sorry if that is a dumb question.
not really a dumb question but it levels the front with the back. I myself am thinking of doing it to my truck but I want springs and shocks no spacers. I have been thinking getting 22.5's for my truck

Old 12-20-2009, 08:36 PM
diesel04
Amateur

hey guys, jsut installed a 2'' level kit from topguncustomz. problem is i have to have the steering wheel to the left alot to keep it straight, need an alignment after this kit install?

Old 12-20-2009, 10:07 PM
pizzo
All Star

yeah you have to center the steering wheel... here is how you do it
IF looking under truck right off the gear box you have a control arm that goes to the passenger side of truck.. You have to make that longer. So the adjuster that is on it you have to loosen it up..
step one jack up front of truck and and on jack stands evenly
step two straighten steering wheel
step three loosen adjuster bolts
step four adjust it till the tires are straight
step five make sure your steering wheel didn't turn (if so back to #2)
step six tighten adjuster bolts again
step seven lower truck and see if it is straight if you like if not then start over again If you like it check over your bolts one last time and make sure they are tight...
If you have any problems Pm me It emails me and goes right to my phone...I can get on here ASAP and help you out

Quick Reply: levelling kit 02