Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Buying Our 1st Diesel and have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:44 AM
lobe50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coal Train
It's mainly dust that has gotten by the filter.

Personally, I don't really like K&N or AEM, they just let too much crap through. That black crap on the impeller is a combination of dust and oil and it usually pits the blades a bit. Nothing to be REALLY concerned about, but......

If anything, swap the filter itself for an S&B or an AFE Pro-Guard. They d a much better job.

As for spraying that filter, is it a paper or gauge? AEM has both kinds.
Hmmmm might be gause. It is a blue like material w a wire mesh surrounding it. Will the other filters fit this intake? I guess you probably measure the hole size & length? Can you get them at Napa or a parts store? Or just mail order?
Thanks

Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Measure the opening on the filter, the length and the diameter and I can find you a good one.

The local autoparts stores are only gonna have K&N crap.

I'll send ya a PM with some info.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:31 AM
pizzo
All Star

that impeller is not hitting I finally got my computer to zoom and its fine that is how it is made... Like Coaltrain says get a different Air filter That air filter is letting dirt get by...
Plus buying a K&N from the auto parts store isn't going to be the correct filter for your set up At O'reillys they only sell the direct drop in filter for the factory box.. not sure about Autozone or Napa I drive right by them to go to O'reilly's

Quick Reply: Buying Our 1st Diesel and have a ?