Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

HELP ME ! Alaska Dodge and Corporate telling me NO on new warranty engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
alaskafolks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME ! Alaska Dodge and Corporate telling me NO on new warranty engine

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 with a 5.9 diesel - 54000 miles, well 2 weeks ago the wife was driving the truck and she called and told me truck made a noise in the engine and it was hard to stop it at a red light. The truck was taken to Dodge and it was determined that #6 injector went bad and # 6 cyclinder went bad, valves were bent - damaged piston. Now this is a truck that I have changed oil faithfully (changed it myself - I am a mechanic) and its been well taken care of.
Get ready for this - Dodge (local dealer Genes Dodge has told me that they and "corporate" will not honor my powertrain warranty because I did not bring my truck in for all my oil changes at the Dodge dealership. I tried to tell them I am a mechanic and I change my own oil and filter at home (why would I pay them a fortune to do what I can do and save money at home) I even have it recorded in a little book at home when I changed the oil and filter. Ive taken real good care of this truck. I have a few of my receipts by I dont have 4 years of receipts, this is crazy. Can they legally do this ? My Truck is STILL under warranty and they will give me nothing to show me my warranty paperwork says I should have had my oil changed at DOdge instead of by myself.

Well after several days of back and forth I have been told my "corporate" the answer is "NO". and even the local dealer Genes service manager stated "so when you going to come get your truck". (I had the truck towed to them initially) Amazing.

IS THIS TRUE ??? CAN DODGE REALLY VOID MY WARRANTY BECAUSE I CHANGE MY OWN OIL. SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE. Gene Chrysler in Fairbanks Alaska is where is sitting right now.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no they cant do that, and to do anything close to telling you no, they have to legaly prove that that was the cause of the failure, also making a noise being hard to stop (assuming its an auto) sounds like something may have let loose in the converter unless your idle speed has gone way up, and a bad injector wont hurt the valves and rarely damages a piston

Old 02-03-2010, 06:26 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a lawyer! They cannot do that to you. Go to a different dealer if you have too.

Josh

Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

If you don't have proof that the maintenance was done they can refuse warranty claims. Your log book may be considered proof. I would talk to a lawyer about it. Read the warranty book that came with your truck and then take an honest look at the situation before you spend any money.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
rodnok
Rookie

Call your states department of licensing. This is a violation of federal law to refuse to pay a warranty issue because of self maintenance. Start with them before you involve a lawyer. If they don't get results then get a lawyer.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Peg D

Print out and wave this law around. Keep a copy in your truck.
Maguson Moss Warranty Act

http://www.free-lemon-law-guide.com/...n-moss-act.php

Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Coal Train
All Star

Originally Posted by Peg D
Print out and wave this law around. Keep a copy in your truck.
Maguson Moss Warranty Act

http://www.free-lemon-law-guide.com/...n-moss-act.php
Do that and they'll laugh at you.....if you don't have the receipts, you'll get thrown out on your azz.

The VERY FIRST thing you want to do is call your State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs and inform them of the problem. They will send you all the info you need. That's what they're there for.

Call the regional rep, don't just take the dealerships word that "corporate" said no.

Talk to the regional rep, IN WRITING.

If you don't get any love there, talk to Chryler's HQ in Detroit, IN WRITING.

Contact the BBB and file a complaint, IN WRITING.

If this doesn't solve to problem, get a lawyer.....and keep everything in writing. Names, dates, times, places, outcomes.

If you send the formal letters, makes sure they are sent with signature and delivery confirmation.

Last edited by Coal Train; 02-05-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
alaskafolks
Old 02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
pizzo
All Star

I have been following this one on CF. google the dealership They have a very bad history with providing great customer service. Several complaints have been filed with the BBB. I would put it past some have been filed with the state of Alaska state's attorney's office too.. If I remember correctly the score for the dealer on BBB is -1 or something like that.. witch I thought it stopped at 0...
Sorry your Having so much trouble with this situation. I can't think of anything else to help you in getting your truck fixed That other people haven't posted already.. I know some are willing to tow that to another dealership for you.. is that still a option? I know the next dealer is like 700 miles away or something like that....

Quick Reply: HELP ME ! Alaska Dodge and Corporate telling me NO on new warranty engine