Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Looking at a cummins

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010 | 09:24 PM
DYTRAM
|
Default Looking at a cummins

Hey guys I'm looking at a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins in it. It has 114,000 miles. The guy is asking 13,500 and Kelly Blue Book says it should be around 10,500. Now he has a couple goodies on it- 5 Stage Edge Juice w/ attitude with In-Cab Monitor, AirDog 150 fuel/water seperator fuel system, and Procomp leveling kit. Should these things warrant him asking 13,500?

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:15 PM
4XLgatorfan
Veteran

Not IMO. I think you can buy an Edge Juice w/attitude for a little less than a grand, although I'm not sure if that includes a monitor, but I thought it did. I have no idea on the fuel/water separator. And leveling kits run from $50 to $250 bucks, matter of fact I just put a 2" Hell Bent Steel one on my truck, it cost $65 shipped to my door.

Good luck.

Old 05-09-2010 | 11:00 PM
pizzo
All Star

My fass 150 If I remember correctly I paid around 650 for it.. Not to sure Its been a month or two..
If blue book is 10,500 try and get him around that if he don't budge. then look else where... Just because he has a Edge,Fass, leveling kit don't make up 3000.. Your question is What turbo upgrades did he do any? What trans upgrades did he do any? (if Auto)

Honestly the seller has my way of thinking, Add a programmer and other BS instead of Upgrading what really needed to be done first Turbo and Trans exhaust ect. ect.. then worry about all the other stuff..

Old 05-09-2010 | 11:01 PM
Remstar

That sounds reasonable. Do a local search and see what else you can get for 13500. If you can get a newer truck, or a truck of the same year with less miles for the same price, use your findings to negotiate to price it where it should be. KBB value does not give a true reflection upon the current market and usually prices vehicles below what they are actually selling for. Good Luck

Old 05-10-2010 | 12:11 AM
DYTRAM
|

i have found one that is alot closer to me i'll post the ad here and u guys tell me what u think...he said he'll trade for a dakota so i've offered my ram 1500 haven't heard back here the ad

Up for sale or trade is my 2001.5 Dodge 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 quadcab pickup. Truck is completely aftermarket. BD super B special turbo,225 hp injectors,monster pump,airdog 150,Scheid diesel head with firerings,vacuum pump rebuilt,edge juice w/ attitude,built auto trans, 4 wheel disc brakes with drilled and slotted rotors, 5" turbo back exhuast(no muffler), AFE intake, BRAND NEW KOOL_VUE power heated tow mirros.LOW 118k miles on her.It is silver with black rhino lining around the entire base of the truck and inside the doorjambs as well.

Im looking for a diesel to either drag or do truck pulls. To me this sounds like this thing will haul cheeks at the track

Old 05-16-2010 | 02:32 PM
Pete379

I wouldn't give that for it. but that's just me. the programmer is only 1100 or something like that. no clue on the airdog 150 but leveling kits aren't that much. Mine's an 01, had 177K on it when I got it, has an edge programmer in it, new ball joints, swaybar links and bushings, a 6spd and every option than a snow plow package (litterally) and mine was listed at 12,998. granted you've got less milage on that one but I wouldn't give more than 11,500 for it. It's your decision in the end but I wouldn't drop that much on it.

Old 05-16-2010 | 04:33 PM
DYTRAM
|

well i found a cummins close to home. He wants 15 for it and is willing to work with me on it. Ive posted the link for you guys to look. Give me your thoughts

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1738114888.html

Cory

Old 05-17-2010 | 08:45 PM
pizzo
All Star

That on is ok but its not ok... he has nice upgrades but it might been beat on and something might break well if something on that truck breaks then your paying for it in thousands of dollars.. Lets say that trans messes up to fix it to hold that much power 6 thousand dollars minimum that is being Cheap too.. But hey its your money and just be prepared if something does break your going to Pay for it to be fixed

Old 05-18-2010 | 12:12 PM
DYTRAM
|

I have thought of that. I went and drove it yesterday and it seemed to drive good. Im having him bring it to my mechanic next monday to have my mechanic check it out cause I got screwed when I bought my current truck because the trans and rear diff went after about 2 months and i had to pay 4 grand for those to be fixed. I know that nothing with a diesel is cheap

Quick Reply: Looking at a cummins