Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Eat your heart out hemi owners!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 01:32 AM
RamRough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eat your heart out hemi owners!

yeah they do go longer but I think cummins was being conservative.
Oh and for note to you drew i also have the 4.10 gears. Ordered them for my future tire size increase. Top speed is limited to 95 gearing wise right now Yeah i havent even botherded with trying out in 1rst gear. pointless!

And no not yet on the baffle ring. I tried removing it gently but realize it will only come out with some cutting. Then I still have the tube filled with turbulent rings. i have to go measure cause im gonna source some industrial vacume hose from mcmaster carr. I want a scotty RA3 but these intakes are just so ridiculously expensive. Now im reading that it "Modifies fuel injection quantity, fuel pressure, injection timing, and boost * Keeps rail pressures at safe levels" I read in a post by the owner that the rail pressure is kept under 26000 psi which I believe is the upper limit recomended by bosch. He said he tried very hard to get some release valve to pop and only did it twice under some unusual circumstances. Didnt think about the injectors but those are in the mod category in the future when they fail or I itch, Whichever comes first. As far as stacking I'm not sure as it does a bit of everything but I did ask here... http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...threadid=67327 so it sounds like there will be some compatible addons in a few months.

Yeah thought about the stacks but three things bother me. Loosing bed space, loosing clearance, and i judt dont think it would look right on a QC short box. i do like the mrbp dual 304 SS exhaust though! . Will keep you updated on the box but i dont think mileage will come seriously anytime soon.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
RustProofCorn
Professional

hey ramrough are you still around or is there a way i can find out if this guy still comes to the forum???

Old 08-05-2006, 01:12 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

I came across a post from someone was a service manager for a fleet of rams, he had '03's & '04's and the '03's had over 1 million miles on them... the '04's were in the 750k range. obviously alot of hiway mileage.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:50 AM
wit

I see that most everyone that runs some sort of box have a manual tranny. Is it not used with auto's? or shouldn't be used? thanks.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:32 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

you can use them with either an AT or MT, doesnt matter. I have an auto and my edge is awesome

Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
RamRough

Havent been around in awhile but still here. I saw you posted some good results from the box. Im still loving mine but am now starting to look for some more power of course.[sm=smiley13.gif]Thinking i may just stay the path of hard parts for a little while.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:54 PM
RustProofCorn
Professional

have you had any ill effects from your chip???? what do you run most the time 60 100 or 130hp?????

Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 AM
RamRough

Mostly run on 60 just cause i like to be able to ramp up the power. dont go into 130 much except for rare occasions. I think it could do better on that setting with more fueling.
Just recently i was pulling some quads (5k lbs load 4 quads and trailer) pretty aggresively. the necxt day i noticed some oil under the truck coming from the ven ttube. towed to dealer and #5 injector was leaking. Dealer replaced under warranty and truck is great. I think i just found a weak link that would have failed sooner or later.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
SouthernHotrod
Professional

Hello all!

I sell a LOT of Quadzilla modules. They are great! You get a lot for your money.

If anyone is looking to purchase one, just let me know. I'll give you guys a great price! Just PM me for more info.

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if I didnt get such a good deal on this TST I just got I prolly would have gone with the q-zilla, but for what I paid, an extra 195hp and 580 ft-lb on the high setting I couldnt pass up.

only been to 6-6 on the TST, gunna go for 7 and higher this afternoon and see if I can shred my tires

Quick Reply: Eat your heart out hemi owners!