Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Eat your heart out hemi owners!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 04:36 AM
RamRough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eat your heart out hemi owners!

Ok so I just bought the new quadzilla xzilliraider "race" box for my 05 cummins. wow. Theres 4 settings, no, go, woah, and plaid! That equates to off, 60hp, 100hp, and finally 130 hp for my 05 (03 &04's get 140). Boost exceeds the stock 30# max buildable boost and bumps it up to 40# of boost. Torque rates a respective increase to 120lbs, 200lbs, 230lbs. So advertised power equates to 385hp & 730lbs of torque, 425hp, 810lbs, or a WHOPPING 455hp and 840lbs of torque! Just a plug and play install and this thing is smooth! level 1 is nice. I can feel the extra power and it is quite nice however level 2 is awsome. I went to my local steep hill to do a little test. Stock I can hit the hills top (it starts to turn) and be doing 50mph. (this also was the top speed for my 98 jeep. A 91 7 series v8 bimmer that scoots did a bit better) Now on level 2 I hit 60 and was still accelerating when I had to let off do to taking the turn! Level 3. Level 3 barks the tires starting off with no dropping the clutch. (BTW diesels start in 2nd for most of the time). I did not get a look at the speedo but I think it was around 65. The problem here is the rear tires were breaking loose going up! Oh and just for fun, I put her in 4wd on a straight away and dropped the clutch at 2300rpms. Was NOT ready for that! flew back into the seat and I think it actually caused me to lift the peddle off a little.

The only thing I have done to my truck for this yet is a boost and pyro guage. Still the stock air box and filter! (will be upgrading soon but first I have ordered a BD short throw shifter cause i keep getting pulled back and missing 5th. Way too far out there.) Also I have to shift so quickly now!
Anyhow I give it a thumbs up for performance and ease of installation and its fun factor is undeniable. And at $3.84/ HP well worth it! the only negative is the speeding ticket im sure to get now!

OH BTW people have been seeing a good 1.5 -2 mpg increase on the 100hp level.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:16 AM
IrishRagE
Default RE: Eat your heart out hemi owners!

no engine longevity issues with these alleged increases?

Old 05-10-2005, 08:52 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Ram, do you have a link to this product?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

many people have been running boxes like this for a long time, Ive been researching this box myself and it seems to be one of the best out there.

I was reading where some guy was running twin turbo's and stacked the TST and Banks power pup. This dood had racked up over 100,000 with zero problems. the Cummins Engine is truly a bullet proof engine. it is hard to kill these things. and one can make insane power. even the viper would have some problems pulling away from these trucks.

Ram, first of all which tranny do you have, the NV5600(reverse next to 5th) or the G-56(reverse next to 2nd). If you keep that box on the HOLY S[sm=smiley35.gif]T setting I know the stock clutch that goes with the NV5600 can handle it, but just bairley. 800 lb-ft is about all it can handle. the G-56 on the other hand I'm unsure of. the Dual Mass Flywheel might restrict the torque to a point.

heres the link to his box

Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 AM
moparturd
Banned

There was a CTD at Rockingham several weeks back that was running into the 11's. Of course after he ran it took 5 minutes for the air to clear.

Enjoy it while you can because regulations are coming that will confine the fun factor for sure.[&o]

Old 05-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Drew
Professional

todd, that sounds very close to what it looks like when I do my weekly cleaning of my exhaust pipe.

mash go pedal, boost to over 30#, tach to about 2800rpm and leave a cloud of black death behind me

cop: son, just what were you doing back there???

me: just cleaning out my exhaust, sir.

cop: cleaning out your exhaust???

me: yes sir, if I dont do it atleast weekly I'll clog up my muffler and give my turbo a heart attack

Old 05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Vader
Champion

Haha, Plaid, that's great. Sounds like a great investment.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:06 PM
moparturd
Banned

ORIGINAL: Drew

todd, that sounds very close to what it looks like when I do my weekly cleaning of my exhaust pipe.

mash go pedal, boost to over 30#, tach to about 2800rpm and leave a cloud of black death behind me

cop: son, just what were you doing back there???

me: just cleaning out my exhaust, sir.

cop: cleaning out your exhaust???

me: yes sir, if I dont do it atleast weekly I'll clog up my muffler and give my turbo a heart attack

Good one!

Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM
RamRough

As drew said people have run much more and get a long engine life. I believe the cummins official life expectancy is around 350,000 miles? people get over a that a lot of the time too. They made this box pretty safe for your engine with alot of backups.
The link is http://www.quadzillapower.com/
I have the 5600 tranny. A lot of people say they have slipped the clutch on the highest setttings but I haven't noticed it. Maybe if I get a better flowing intake that will allow the turbo to spool faster???
Anyhow I was running late today and had to move it; I sure was able to pass!
Cleaning the exhaust, I'll have to rememebr that one if my truck ever starts smokin. This box wont do it but i heard the crazy larry bullydog downloader will on the 200hp setting. As far as smog, well I used to hate it too as its a sign of an ineffcient combustion process. However I have read that most of the particulates are heavy and just fall to the ground. Still, it is wasted fuel and looks bad. I really am begining to think that trucks, and diesel trucks especially (relativley cheap and easy to add to), are becoming the new hot rod muscle "cars".
Anyways, I am pleased as punch and just thought I'd share my experiences. Oh and maybe make you gassers salivate a little

Old 05-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Drew
Professional

Ive heard higher than 350k

have you pulled the intake baffle and silencer ring. I did and WOAH is my turbo LOUD and I love it.

The only thing I worry about is that I have 4.10 axels. so by the time I get half on the throttle it's time to shift again. then in 6th right now the lightest touch will set me into the seat. I cant imagine what another 130hp would do.

also, if you need more low end torque (like we dont have enough already[8D] ) check out the VA C3.2 box. it is a duration only and leaving it at 50% will give you enough power to pull an ocean liner up a 15% grade when stacked with the xzillirator box (which is a fueling boost box I think)

the one thing that one needs to watch out for when running a fueling box is the increased pressure that is induced into the system can cause the injector holes to widen causeing power loss due to an inefficient spray pattern. this is where some KAX injectors may come into play (which give you a ~80hp 130tq increase just frrom installation) since they make their injecotrs to handle higher fuel pressure.

I can see in your future, twins, dual 5 inch stacks and a few other goodies. Having an engine that is this easy to add power to is addictive, how much juice you want just depends on how much you want to pay

keep me updated on the box though, even though Ive been hearing all good frrom it there is still more to learn

Quick Reply: Eat your heart out hemi owners!