Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Oil Change Interval with Regeneration

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 AM
MDBlue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Oil Change Interval with Regeneration

I have a 2010 6.7L with 12,000 miles. I have been using AmSoil since the first oil change. I just did the 3rd oil change. My first two changes had about 5000 miles each as I had been towing our 5th wheel. This last one has no towing on it. When the change oil message came on at 3200 miles I had the oil tested to see if it could go longer. The test results show 5.7% fuel in the oil. The engine runs fine and gets decent mileage so I don't think there is a leak. Is this kind of fuel quantity due to the active regeneration? I know until I find out otherwise, when the message comes on it will get an oil change but wow, this could be expensive!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel in the oil is usually a result of excess idling or an injector that is not working properly.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seems a bit quick on the oil changes, but they do calculate, between miles and %of load the engine has worked to set the light, but was that the first oil change it came on at 3200 miles?.... i would hate to know how much fuel is in my oil....

Quick Reply: Oil Change Interval with Regeneration