Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Dodge Ram contract at dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:18 AM
MOPARPAT1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Ram contract at dealership

Ok here is something strange, was kinda hoping this would come up. I bought the new 2011 Dodge Ram last Sunday 12/19 now the dealership calls and said we have to make out a new contract, I would be paying less??, can I just say "nope here's your truck back give me mine back", I live in Ventura County in Southern California. After doing research I'm finding out it sucks to own a new diesel truck in California...just a thought, I have to call him later today. I'm having nightmares paying 941.00 a month for 7 freaking years.....

Old 12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're paying almost $80k????

No wonder you're having nightmares!

Find out why you need to fill out a new contract, and ask them what happens if you don't do it. If you want out of it badly enough, you may wish to talk to a lawyer and see if they can force you. Typically though, the answer is "you're screwed".

Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Tazman40
Professional

My lord that is insane.80k,wow.When i was a kid 80k and you could build the nicest house in the county.Now you cant even get yourself a new truck.Just doesnt seem right.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

How in the hell is that possible, unless you were INCREDIBLY upside down on your old truck? Dealers around here are selling brand new dually's with $56k stickers for just over $40k.
In my state, you have three days after signing a contract on a new vehicle to back out of the deal. You need to contact a lawyer big time, you may be able to go in and sign the contract and back out. Just a thought.

I can't believe you would sign a deal on a truck for almost a grand a month - for seven years no less!!! Even if you can afford it, that's just crazy...

Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 AM
MOPARPAT1

Thanks for all the replies and even the ones saying I'm crazy, cause your right..lol. They want me to sign a new contract, I said no I want my 2 vehicles back, they said they need to get approval from the gen mngr, so it sounds like I can do it. And yes both vehicles were upside down about 6 or 7 grand, I got gap insurance, extended warranty 7 yrs 100,00 miles bumper to bumper warranty, In So Cal taxes and reg was almost 6 grand. The truck cost 47,000, it's the Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4, nice truck but sucks on fuel milage, I told them if they took around 200.oo bucks but would consider 150.00 bucks off a month I might reconsider, the other 2 vehicles together was 923.00 a month, and getting rid of 1 vehicle dropped my insurance by 70 bucks every 6 months. I appreciate all the replies, I like to hear what others think....boy was this a dumb move or what....next time do the research right

Old 12-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Tazman40
Professional

I dont see why they wont give u the other vehicals back.If u dont sign the contract they have no choice.If they say no then just tell them your lawyer will be in touch.That makes them squirm a little cause they know theres nothing they can do,They cant make u sign a new contract.And if they want a new contract that tells me they broke the old one so u have all right not to sign a new one.They are under a barrel and they know it.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 AM
MOPARPAT1

That's what I'm thinking, I asked them last night why I need a new contract and they said it was to save me $,5000.000, What freaking dealership cares about saving you money AFTER you have signed the contract, they wanna lower my payments by 50.00 bucks and take away the extended bumber to bumber warranty, or even look for a new 2010 model, or they have a 2007 that they would "work out a great deal" with me just to lower my payments. I don't mind the truck but it's the new smog crap and laws in So Cal they put on it and the fuel mileage sucks. If I put on any devices to get the mileage up I was told that it would be traceable and void warranty. So there it is in a nut shell, I walked out last night without signing anything. The general manger said well we can just go ahead and use this contract, was just trying to save you money...I don't think so!!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 AM
MOPARPAT1

I got the new contract they wanted me to sign, the payments are higher, I pay more in the end and the interest rate is higher....WTF. How am I saving 5 grand. He said that's the better deal, I asked him, hey how come the interest rate went from 5.49 to 6.99. He says oh we thought we could get you at that rate on Sunday but we could only get 6.99. I think that's it right there. I don't think I have to sign anything with higher interest rate. I'm taking these 2 copies to a Honda dealership where my buddy works and his gen mngr or finance dude is going to look at these for me and determine what my legal options are. I'll keep u guys posted

Old 12-30-2010, 01:48 PM
MOPARPAT1

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
How in the hell is that possible, unless you were INCREDIBLY upside down on your old truck? Dealers around here are selling brand new dually's with $56k stickers for just over $40k.
In my state, you have three days after signing a contract on a new vehicle to back out of the deal. You need to contact a lawyer big time, you may be able to go in and sign the contract and back out. Just a thought.

I can't believe you would sign a deal on a truck for almost a grand a month - for seven years no less!!! Even if you can afford it, that's just crazy...

yep 9,000.00 for both they say, so it's better just to keep the 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab diesel with 48,000 miles on it

Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 PM
MOPARPAT1

Well everyone, I won the battle. They put up a hell of a fight, finally got the owner of the Dodge dealer involved, he wasn't happy, but had to give me back my 2 vehicles. They put on rotors and brakes on the Ford escape changed oil and wanna charge me 336 bucks labor, I said bill me did not sign anything, I will pay for the parts but not labor. Also on my truck they changed oil and filters and want 423.00, 366 labor, I will send them 87 bucks for parts,they took off the new tires they put on. I lucked out and will always from now on do research b-4 I sign my name, I'm just lucky there was that loop hole I found....WoooHooo!!!

Quick Reply: New Dodge Ram contract at dealership