Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Any suggestions on where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
CajunDevilDog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any suggestions on where to start?

I have a 99 24 valve thats been running great until last week. I went play in the mud and the truck just died in the middle of muddin. I popped the hood and not to my suprise everything was soaked. The truck would turn over but not start. 15 minutes later it started and ran fine for 2 days. Now from time to time it doesn't want to start, if i leave it sit a fewminutes it starts and runs perfect. Lift pump seems to be working fine, I'm kinda leaning towards wiring but not sure where to begin. Like i said it turns over but won't start as if its not getting fuel but the fuel pump is running. Once it does decide to start it runs like a champ. Please Help!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it may still be the LP, just cuz you here it dont mean its pumping, they are known for breaking the impellar, bump the key as if trying to start (dont let it start) and leave the key in the run position, this will make the LP run for a minuet or so, then open the filter water drain, if fuel comes out under pressure, the pump should be ok, but get a look at it soon cuz a bad LP will destroy the IP in just a few minuetes of driving, a fuel pressure gauge is a must in thoes 24v's

Quick Reply: Any suggestions on where to start?