Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

glassman

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Brian Imlach
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile glassman

Hi All, I have just joined and this is my introduction. My name is Brian and i come from a small town called Devonport which is in Tasmania,a small island state in southern Australia. I have joined the Dodge forum to learn about the Dodge vehicals as i have just purchased a 2012 dual cab Dodge Ram.This vehical has been on the wish list for some time but being so far away it has been difficult to source a reliable agent in Australia that was capable of performing a good conversion to right hand drive. Any way that has eventuated and i am more than happy with the vehical especially with the drivability, as i expected it to be a bit big for our type of roads. This particullar vehical is an auto with the 6.7ltr cummins and is ideal for towing my boat which weighs around 3.5t. So far i have fitted a set of 35 inch procomp mud terain tyres, H&S EGR delete kit,4 inch DPF pipe and a Smarty S-67 tuner. I have encounted a problem that some of the members might be able to advise me on fixing. The engine check light is on and the dash display is showing that the DPF is full. This is resulting in the system trying to do a reburn and flooding fuel into the exhast and smoking like mad.I have tried reseting back to stock ( from No 4 setting ) but no change. All the exhast sensors are disconected and tied up but maybe there is a trick or i am doing something wrong. Can someone help please. Cheers for now

Old 09-01-2012, 11:12 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I will move you post to the diesel section.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
hillbilli
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beleive you have to use a programmer to disable the DPF regen. Just cutting out the DPF and tieing up the sensors wont do it, Im pretty sure H&S makes what you need.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the Smarty S-67 do the DPF delete? Have you set that option?