Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Drivers Park Lamp Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 PM
jameswright903
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Drivers Park Lamp Issue

I have a 2012 Ram 2500 that all of the sudden the left rear park lamp will not come on. Bulb is fine and fuses are fine. used to pop the 15 amp fuse on occasion but the truck has less than 5k miles on it. trying to figure out if it might be just a simple fix or if im gonna have to put all my DPF stuff back on and take it in for warranty.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Uncle Meanie
Rookie

I'm going to state the obvious here. If the fuse blows it is from an overload or short to ground.
Now that the light is not working I will assume that you have checked the fuse and it is good. That means the wire has most likley broke and could be a simple repair. The hard part is locating the break. I would start by pulling the tail light assembly to see if it is back there.
You'll need to follow the wire back to the fuse location, looking for any spot it can be pinched. It's possible that when the 4" lift was installed, the wire loom was compromised. I would do as much as I could on my own before taking it back to the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ yup like he said, with the lift or maby the exhaust, somethin probably got into the harness

Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 PM
jameswright903

I'll check what I can in the morning. Thanks

Quick Reply: Drivers Park Lamp Issue