Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

wierd liquid

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 AM
cujo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wierd liquid

Funny how things work. I too noticed a puddle, and knew that it wasn't from the breather tube, wrong consistancy. Mine only does it when its cold and then doesn't leak much, so by the time I was looking for a leak the block was dry. Then I see this post, check it this morning (since its cold here) and sure enough there's a trickle from the hose. I'll roll under it tonight and tighten them up. Gotta love this fourm.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Yup short foil wrapped hose on passenger side of engine. It is infact coolant and it starts leaking on cool evenings. It drove me crazy for a week or two last fall on my truck. I tightened the two hose clamps and 40K miles later still no issues.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 PM
cujo
Captain

Fixed mine after work today. Leaking around both clamps, neither were very tight. I wonder how many trucks are still leaking?

Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Master Baiter

I just had my truck at the dealer for the same problem. i just knew it was tranny fluid, but it turned out to be coolant. There is a black coolant line directly under the exhuast manifold with a foil covered coupling on it with two hose clamps. The clamps just needed tightening.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
alpinDave

mine is leaking too, I noticed a redish drip hanging from the bottom of the transfer case today when I was doingthe truck's first oil change, kinda freaked me out, I will check the clamps tomorrow in the light, Thanx!!

Quick Reply: wierd liquid