Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WHAT OIL???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:15 PM
hiredgun
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT OIL???

I use Royal Purple 15w-40 synthetic. I used to run it in my gas rig 12,000 miles between changes. I go 15,000 on my cummins but I really dont pull anything. I have buddies running it in Power Strokes and Duramax that have been running it alot longer than me and they have not had any problems and are real happy with it. They also go 12 to 15 k between changes.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 AM
Black93gt

I have Mobil in it right now. *shrug* I just wanted to drain out that first oil at 1k and was going to use Rotella but the store only had 2 jugs. I just didn't want to drive cross town for the other one.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:28 PM
TBNorge
Amateur

ORIGINAL: RustProofCorn

What oil should i buy for my truck??? having it 3 weeks now and puting on a average 600 miles per week i decided to maintain the truck myself and i have never even changed a cars oil before ... but anyways i am not sure if you just buy typical motor oil or what please advise.. and on any other serviceing i should be doing or keeping up on.. i only have 2000 miles on the truck right now so i am not due yet but i thought of ordering oil online...
Don't forget to change out the air filter often. Like every 10,000 miles or less. These engines use a lot of air and the filter minder is worthless.