Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

aero turbine

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Swifteeee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aero turbine

Thank you Troy. Tried to put the flex pipe on today and was to small to go over the end of the muffler. Didn't want that cheap crap on there anyway. Might have to travel a ways to get my pipe but will be worth it i think.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 AM
troop
Rookie

I bought a bd muffler for $20 brand new (got lucky found the right guy) however its just the muffler, when I went to put it on I discovered that I was 8 inches too short (life story lol) anyway the stock muffler on the cat side just so happened to be 8 inches so I cutt it off then clamped everything. works great, no leaks. Worst case ya gotta weld it back together just leave enough to do it.

P.S. the only way to seperate the stock exhaust is by heat, I kicked pulled hooked it to a tree and winched it nothing heat baby heat.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 PM
usafr
All Star

Got the Aero and tip installed today, looks real, real, good. I love the tip. The Aero is quieter than the freeflow was, my truck seems to run a little more free now, and a little more responsive to the accelerator. All in all, I like it, and I would probably reccomend it to others. The best thing I did was to dump the Crazy Larry on my programmer and get the 2.3.0 download with the low end power,, this thing is just amazing. I had to turn it to the lowest setting this morning after getting the exhaust put on b/c the rear end kept breaking loose. The turbo spools up hella fast and acceleration is just as. All I want now is just some freakin smoke, lol.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
BlkRam69
Professional

Isnt that low end power setting GREAT!?. That really put a spur between the saddle and the truck I'll tell you what!

Hows the sound on the inside of the cab with the Aero? Did you have the hum (like I do) with the free flow before?

Do you still have the rumble at the rear when you get on it? I love the sound of the free flow (outside) but the insides gotta go.

All I need to hear is that the hum/drone on the inside is gone (or at least not as loud) and I'll be next in line for an Aero!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 PM
usafr
All Star

Honestly, I don't hear it anymore. The exhaust sound when accellerating, is about the same, but with the windows rolled up at cruising speed,,,,, it's pretty quiet. The combo of low end torque from both the programmer and exhaust is AWESOME, (like I said, I had to turn the programmer down). If you do decide to order this, get it from verocioussports (or something like that), they have THE BEST DEAL that I found, and get as a kit, you'll get the $99 tip and the muffler for cheaper than if you just ordered the muffler. And don't forget the promo code, it'll save u $50.

Quick Reply: aero turbine