Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Hey, where's my swaybar?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hey, where's my swaybar?

nick put one on. . .I think it came from timbren.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Super Dave
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the Timbren website. I didn't see anything about sway bars, just the springs.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

The one I have is from Hellwig. It looks just like the one Steve found, but it IS for the 11.5 aam axle. I got it from Triton, and I beleive it was on his truck with the Mag -tec diff covers. I know I can remove the stock diff cover with out hitting the sway bar. Triton had to remove it because it didn't fit with his twin shock set up on his lift kit. BTW the model # is 7658.It definitely corners better with it, and I believe it stabilized my rig when towing too. The stock bar on second gens is like 5/8 diameter while this thing is 1.125 diameter, it is heavy duty.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 AM
triton
Record Breaker

only the duallies come with sway bars. Get yourself a Hellwig bar for your truck off of ebay. It make a world of difference. I sold mine to Nickbeek, you can ask him how it helped.

edit : whoops... didn't see Nicks post. It did fit with the Mag Hytec cover. What I couldn't use was the dual steering stabilizer because the driver side shock hit the pumpkin.

Steve a sway bar work great but, if you really want to get rid of sway, try out some ladder bars !

Quick Reply: Hey, where's my swaybar?