Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Little rigs to go faster for drags!!!??? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:32 PM
duneschick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Little rigs to go faster for drags!!!??? Help?

You boys think its hot when a chick drives a nice rig--- Well you should see my other ride- a Banshee!!! LOL. I don't know what I would do without you all!

I noticed in the forum when I posted this I said he has a manual- Ooops- I meant automatic, I have a standard. Anyways Friday night- everyone liked my ride (hopefully BF realizes what he has a little better after that night- just to say the least. First trip on the drag and I beat him by almost a second- 18.2 or something. Next run he put it in 4x4 and well he had me by 1/2 second- we pulled 17's that time. I have bad takeoffs in that thing- she bogs down then goes like a bat outtta He__! But thats time wasted everytime. If I let out fast on stage 5- no good. Clutch burner. But the funniest part of the race was when a lightning pulled up next to me on the strip- I knew better- but what the heck- I raced him and I think I picked up the rubber behind him!!! He was 15 seconds but really light and there pretty quick. Thanks for the advice boys.

Drew- as for the sled pulls. I looked online and can't find any in my surrounding area. It actually sounds like lots of fun. I know I can take him by a pull. Hmmmmm!! Maybe I outta hook up to him and then we'll see!!

Guys- It's sad when looking in your mirror on the strip just to see your big cloud of smoke darken the well lighted crowd! LOL

[IMG]local://upfiles/31532/4B7098C1D95F4C80BDAD5E29FF564E1F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31532/79C87EFDEF434B528BE3290C55A686EA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-17-2006, 03:29 PM
bigmike
Professional

when you hook up to him, make sure you video it. i always love seeing a dodge pulling a ford with his tires chirping until he finally gives up

Old 07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
duneschick
Professional

Video- tape it is!!! Now to get him to go for it..... If he says no, we will know why. [sm=bicker.gif][sm=coolness.gif] With the chip- I would want it no higher than stage 3 right?

Old 07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DeAnne, next time your at the track, start out in 4hi, then at half track shift back into 2hi. that way your getting more pulling power by haveing the front tires pull as well.

Ive raced my buddies mustang and did just that. he's got the GT automatic w/3.92 LS, I started out in 3rd gear 4hi, 2500rpm and smoked all 4 tires he could have easily beaten me, but when he saw the plume of smoke from the tail pipe and all 4 tires light up he gave up[8D]

Old 07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
duneschick
Professional

Ha! Thats good stuff. Wooped a Mustang. I guess some kind of Ford is always behind us huh? Good thats where they belong! I will try that next trip to the drags. My fuel pressure is starting to drop way past 5 on the monitor so I will be needing to put a new fuel pump in. Good reason to get the FASS pump. Sweet!!! I am scared about the new gas. I don't wanna replace my incector pump all the time!

Ha!Ha!Ha! My truck looks like a marshmallow in this picture.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31532/CE45C9C70A5A46E5A52F4C2A05F1EB2F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Drew
Professional

I actualy read somewhere that some BP stations were actualy dumping power service into the diesel tanks to help out with the lubrication. weither that is true or not I dont know. but what I do know, especialy for the VP44's, any extra lubrication is better than nothing.

the VP44 could have been designed alot better.[:'(]

I continue to rag my bud about him givin up on a slow diesel with that mustang of his. I drove it before. . .it's strong for it's age, if he stayed in it he would have easily eaten my lunch. I guess the 4 burn out marks all at once got his attention Ive still got an e-mail from him where he said he would drag anyone. . .but me[8D]

the best one though was when I smoked out this civic ricer that was trying to go fast and the furious on me and this PSD. long story short, the PSD was able to get in front, I look at him, he looked at me and we both floord it at the same time blowing smoke all over this kid. then at the stop light his front window met up with my exhaust real nice and I had a BCOD blowing out of his sun roof

Old 07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
duneschick
Professional

LOL!! Thats funny! I have had my experiences like that. Its nice to let them know whos boss without being a Bi_ch to there face. Just let it roll..... into there windows. A guy was riding his bike in the road on a busy street and here in Utah they think they own the road! Well I couldn't go around him without knocking him out with my mirror, finally I got a passing moment and layed into it!!! Serves him right for taking up road. And they wonder why they get hit?!!![:@] Anyways my mom was with me cause I was taking dogs to the vet and she thought it was kinda funny how I cahn get back at them without hurting them to bad. And recently it was a rice burner- he thought it was fast but I gassed her and passed her!!! Little white cars and smoke don't blend to weel I guess. LOL!

I bought some lubricant to add to my tank as well as centane or whatever its called. I wonder how much to use? I was using just the Stanadyne, but I mixed it with the lube last weekend, What kind of lube you suggest?

Theres so many brands I don't know who to beleive.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31532/F441AE44F8D5412BAF9ED5BCC208A135.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Drew
Professional

alot of the guys here are useing a mix of 8 oz Marvels Mystery Oil and 16 oz Power Service Diesel Kleen per tank. standyne is also good, but I cannot find it in my area. some of the observations many have seen is an increase in fuel mileage, engine noise is decreased, and a slight increase in performance. However, it didnt work for everyone, some guys didnt notice any increase in fuel mileage. From the average increase in fuel mileage the MMO and PS mix basicaly pays for itself in one tank, and you still have PS and MMO left over for another tank. and since you have a VP engine even if you didnt have an increase in fuel mileage the insurance you are giving the injector pump would be enough for me to use it.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:38 AM
neonpurplecam

ORIGINAL: bigmike
anybody else besides me think it is hot when a lady has a badas# truck and actually knows what she is talking about?
Yes sir.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:22 PM
duneschick
Professional

Drew- Thanks for the advice. I will try it out on my next tank. What is the average Diesel fuel price in your area? Just curious. Anyways- B-friend won't hook up to me. I think he's afraid of loosing!!! I probably would to if I was him.... LOL. I heard of one truck pull up in Logan this year but people are saying there not letting people enter now. [:@] Ohwell- maybe I can round up the boys and go to the mountains and do a little heavy towing around... Summertime is for upgrading the truck- Fall is for the Banshee. Helps keep my budget towards both. Is there a lot of places online to buy stuff who u wouldn't trust? They seem a lot cheaper than local places here, but some people say they have been ripped off a few times.

Should I stack my chip? I know I need a few things on it before I do (injectors, lift pump, and I want AFE)

[IMG]local://upfiles/31532/5E5A7B09586E48C4A874A024967E6CF5.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Little rigs to go faster for drags!!!??? Help?