Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

recall

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:07 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recall

I got a letter for service on (some) 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 trucks witht the Cummins engine. The roll-over balves may allow water to enter the fuel tank. Chrysler will repair this part free of charge.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:09 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran
Default RE: recall

We have one in the shop right now for that recall.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Inferno Red

I got the same thing last week and I also got in the mail yesterday another one. They need to replace a modulator for my anti-lock brakes. I have 2006 Megacab

Old 07-22-2006, 03:43 AM
zach_deerefan

from what i know all 3rd gens have thrdr roll over valves, but right now the only ones recalled are the 06's? whichdon't make sense to me. Last night i looked under my tuck to check these valves out, mud,gravel, and dirt caked all around them.so i blew them of with an air hose and install some 5/16" fuel line to them and routed the line along the fram, out of the mud water and dirt, this may be over kill but also put a filter on the end of the fuel just to be sure nothin more gets in the fuel tank, some day when i have time...... i'd like to drop the tank and make sure its nice and clean. I just wonder what DC is thinking some days when recall like this??? would also be curious as what there great fix to the problem would be, maybe the horn will start honkuing when your fuel filter gets plugged[:@]

Old 07-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Crazy Horse

Don't put this one off! My 2006 Quad Cab CTD is in the dealer now and they said they may have to replace at least the head and maybe the motor. They said the rollover valve allowed to much junk in the fuel and there was rust on the injectors. Cummins is having them run some tests and if it passes they will install an entire new fuel system and probably a head, if it fails new motor. Seems far fetched, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but they showed me all the bad parts and gave me a loaner car for the weekend. They said I couldn't have done anyhing to prevent it.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
LJ

What are these rollover valves and were are they located. Can someone get a picture, or explain.

LJ

Old 07-22-2006, 09:26 PM
zach_deerefan

this is where I found out about hope it works? http://dieselram.com/ubb/ultimatebb....=000593#000003

Quick Reply: recall