Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Xzillaraider XZT

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Xzillaraider XZT

ORIGINAL: deere4440

hey, do any of you guys know what would cause a popping and crackling sound from my exaust with the Xzillaraider? Contacted quadzilla and they said check your connections..... and they're good and correct according to where they said to put them. This sound only occurs at 3/4 throttle or beyond 2,000 rpms. It's a nasty sound and needs to be fixed........... any ideas?
I had this issue recently, I even ended up having a couple codes pop up and a CEL. I removed the chip, still had the issues, then I removed the harness and the issues went away. I just re-installed the chip Sunday evening. I used di - electric grease on all the connections like Quad reccomended, and it runs great now. My mileage is up slightly, and the extra power is nice. Man that thing does really mess with the overhead though. The last tank hand calc'ed to 17 mpg the over head read 21.4mpg. It is usually off by 2 mpg, now it is off by 4.5. Oh well.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM
ameyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might be a dumb question- Should I run in the "stock" mode or level 1 or which for the best mileage? Is the stock setting actually stock or is it just stock horsepower with better fuel economy?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

generaly with most boxes and programmers. . .the lowest setting is the mileage setting, and 0 being off.

Quick Reply: Xzillaraider XZT