Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New Diesel Fuel Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Bozz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Diesel Fuel Prices

Well said and I agree.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:50 PM
RBX

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/oil.html
scroll down to USA OIL- this is just one of the sources I have seen

I have friends that work for ExxonMobile, Conoco and a couple of other smaller refiners. (not service station attendents!)
Our major influence of "prices at the pump" is the fact that we can not refine enough gas to meat our demand. It takes more than 15 years for an oil company to get to the point of designing a refinery due to the fact that EPA and enviromentalist dont want them to be built. we need at least 2-3 more major refinerers in the US.

another thought for price of gas in Europe, they pay a few dollars per gallon in taxes. their pre taxes price of gas is actually lower than ours.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:46 PM
stewtina
Veteran

nothing sarcastic but maybe to alleviate this dependancy on oil we should park our vehicles and walk or ride bicycles. Now our only problem with that here in the panhandle it can get down to zero with a 30 mph wind or 100 degrees with the same wind,even with being in good physical health its hard to ride against the wind. Walking is another option if you live in the city. Also we have people, a politician from Tennesee, who runs around the country screaming we're getting hotter and its because we drive too much you need to cut back yet he doesn't what about his entourage of suvs sucking non deisel plus its summer and going to be hot. Wasn't Microsoft penalized for haveing a monopoly so what about oil companies? I agree with other sources of energy but when a mercedes deisel can't be bought in 5 states because of emissions what is wrong with this picture isn't cleaner than a rusted out chevy ford doge or even toyota. Also hydrogen anybody heard of the hindenburg?

YOu guys have a nice day just wanted to get some things off my chest.....

Keep deiseling!!1

Old 08-04-2006, 09:00 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

The Reason for High Oil Prices:
http://biz.yahoo.com/fool/060801/115443932701.html

Just my $00.02 worth!

Old 08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
RBX

very good read DBLR! The sad part is there is really no good answer to high fuel prices. As a whole americans need aprox a $200 per week increase in pay to meat the new cost of living increase in our country.

if you make $10 per hour and only get 40 hours a week, $400 per week after taxes about what $310. if you live 30 min from your job and have a car that needs 2 fill ups a week at $65 a tank, $130 a week in gas a lone. $310-130=$180 for a person to live on, if that person has a family.... Oil companies and Bush really care about them don't they. And I vote for the....... the 1st time.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 PM
usafr
All Star

RBX, what you're saying is absoutley true. I spend about $80-$90 a week in fuel to get to and from work, not to mention that extra tank of fuel for when I go to drill. Oh, and lest we forget what the wife uses in her car (good thing its a Honda four banger). Hmmmm, I wonder if Mr. Bush's pockets are hurting b/c of the fuel cost,,,,,,, , oh wait, no, b/c WE pay for it [:@].

Old 08-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Bozz

I currently have paying about $300 a month in diesel fuel and $60 a month in gas for my wife's car. I read the post by DBLR about the market prices and spot prices which to me sounds more like the investors are driving the costs up along with the oil companies. Granted they are in the business of making money and in the past they have not but, to what extent are we going to force government to become involved in their affairs? I personally don't think the government involved in any service for its citizens is a good thing.
I guess what I find very interesting is a quite a few people are very willing to pay a $1 for a bottle of water or $2.00 for a coffee and yet when it comes to gas prices we feel that we "deserve" lower prices. I guess I just don't get it.
We are in a time that if Bush has his way we would build more refineries and on the other hand if others get into power they would like to give the EPA and other regulatory agencies more teeth to fine refineries and other energy producers. If we do start to fine the refineries and oil companies how long do you think they will stick around when they are building refineries in S. American and China? Why take the losses here when they can move their production overseas and make more money, not get the fines, and charge us here in the U.S. more money? Who is the smarter one then?
Again I will say that our alternative fuels and the pursuit of those are one of the most important issues for the American people to realize. Bottom line here is the politicians, regardless if it is Bush, Clinton, etc. will continue to be influenced by the monies that oil companies contribute to their re-election funds. The entire political structure is flawed from the fact that it should be representing the people and it is really representing the largest contributer to its bank account.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
HVMXP

Bozz,
"guess what I find very interesting is a quite a few people are very willing to pay a $1 for a bottle of water or $2.00 for a coffee and yet when it comes to gas prices we feel that we "deserve" lower prices. I guess I just don't get it. "
Total wrong comparison imop. Unless you drink/buy 50 gallons of water a wk a $1 bottle of water compared to $3.00 plus a gallon in gas is not comparable. My truck has a 34 gallon tank on it $102 to fill it up from empty/ 1 time per wk if I'm driving my car to work. There is no one that I know off that spends that kind of $$ on bottled water. Plus bottled water one doesn't need to get to work and to do work and trust me alot won't pay $1 for water if they are watching there $ for fuel to get to work.
Pure price gauging is going on. Record profits for the last 2 yr's and it keeps getting better profit wise for the oil companies. With the increase in fuel comes a increase in everything one would buy. Everything increases except most peoples pay as someone has stated on here earlier.
I spend roughly $20K/yr on fuel a yr and have not passed on/ increased my prices as everyone that comes to my business has to use gas to get there and for me I use gas, oil and lot's of diesel to keep everything good and it has made thing's more costly for me to operate and the #'s aren't growing as quickly as again it cost more for people to travel to get to facility. You did have one thing correct though these fuel prices and us being dependent on other countries for oil/fuel it's deff. going to cause problem's in the future.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM
RBX

any results from goverment looking into gauging? the only results I see are: home sales have fail to a 10 year low, people are not take the vacations they once did, agracultural industry is on decline, price of consumer products at an all time high, poverty is on the rise again. what is the number 1 cuase of those things? you guessed it high gas prices.

What do we do, what can we do? bend over and take it!

Old 08-24-2006, 08:36 PM
usafr
All Star

I'm gonna park and take the bus.

Quick Reply: New Diesel Fuel Prices